Monday, August 13, 2012

A Window Wheel Card

Hi! Chrissie here today! How was your weekend? I hope you got crafty! I made a really awesome card that I'm going to share with you today.  I'm calling it a Window Wheel Card since I'm not sure what else to call it! I really love the way the finished card came out, mainly because of the newest Mulberry Wood set that I used on it.
The card was actually pretty easy to make! I chose to make the wheel scalloped to give it a little something extra.

I created the card with an extra fold on the right side and punched a hole for the wheel.  I die cut the window.  The above picture is the inside view, before it was all adhered together.  The finished card is 4.25 x 4.25 and flat is is 4.25 x 11.  It was scored at 4.25 and 8.5.
 
This is the outside view:


And here is the wheel, after I stamped the sentiments that I chose to use:


I simply held the wheel on with a brad and adhered the card together, making sure I didn't place adhesive anywhere that would hinder that wheel.  The card does not open - the sentiment or message goes on the back of the card, not the inside (since the inside is where the wheel is held!).

And here's the finished card:


You can see the opening for the wheel on the image above. Super fun, huh?
Here is a shot of the wheel in the 'in-between' stage as I was turning it:


I adore the Santa Claus image.  The new Mulberry Wood is darling.  The set will be out this week and each image is better than the next! I used my Spectrum Noir markers to color him in and I adhered him with adhesive foam to the card.  I also added some glitter to Santa for the snow.


Thanks for stopping by today!


15 comments:

UnikeByYes said...

Adorable!!!!! I have not tried this kind of card, but I will have to make one soon :) TFS Crissie!
Have a fabulous week!
Liz

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Stunning card. What a great idea. Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Velma

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is adorable as can be! Love the wheel of sentiments.So creative

sassy said...

such a cute idea...sassyx

Kathy S. said...

What a great card! Thank you for sharing and the great tutorial. I am excited to try this!

Angela Crafty Spot said...

This is a great idea!! Thanks for sharing it!!
Angela

Trena in Naperville said...

What a cleaver and creative idea to do with that cute, cute Santa! Love your design, papers and coloring!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Cheryl said...

This is SO beautiful and SO creative!! I LOVE the window wheel!

Denise said...

Love your interactive card! Gorgeous!

Kathy said...

Wow, this is awesome!! love the wheel!! The tutorial is great, I will have to try this. great coloring. Super job!

Suba said...

What a great card! I absolutely adore this idea. I will have to use it. Hope you don't mind... ;o)

Barb Turpin said...

I LOVE this!!! I want to try! Thanks for the inspiration!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card! Love this design! Carri ~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love <3 it..Great idea!!!

KYCrafter said...

Great colors! Great papers! EXCELLENT coloring!!! I want to be able to color bricks as well as you!!