Monday, August 27, 2012

Another Sheena Peek

Hello and happy Monday!  Cheryl here and this week I get to give you a"sneak peek" at a brand new stamp set that's not even in the store yet!!  The stamps that I got to use this week are from the Sheena, A Little Bit Scenic line.   Be on the lookout for these very soon!!  I'm so excited to show you the card that I created using two of these stamps!


I used the phrase stamp and the butterfly stamp.  I matted the phrase stamp with black card stock and attached it to the white embossed background.  There are actually two butterflies on my card.  I colored in two separate butterfly images, using my Spectrum Noir markers, then fussy cut them out.  Here's a close-up photograph of the butterflies:


Here's one more:


After I colored in the images, I added a small amount of glue to the wingtips and then dipped them in ultra-fine black glitter.  I added glitter to the top butterfly's body, as well.   I only left the antennae on the top butterfly, then glued their bodies together and bent up the wings.  I attached them with tiny double-sided adhesive foam circles.


I added a little "bling" with some black pearls.  I just love black and white with a touch of color.  I'm so happy with the way my card turned out.  These new stamps are amazing and I really enjoyed working with them!!

Thanks, so much, for stopping by today.  Have a great week and "Happy Crafting".

~ Cheryl ~

7 comments:

Donna said...

I love this card. The butterfly looks so real. Awesome ;)

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Such a beautiful design and amazing butterfly

Kathy said...

The card is wonderful, I love the 3-D butterfly, awesome!!

KYCrafter said...

I love the way you put 2 butterflies together. The embellishments look so cool with this card.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for all of the lovely comments! :)

Barb Turpin said...

What a gorgeous butterfly...love all the motion in the card!

{Chrissie} said...

Love, love, love the double wings!!!!!