Saturday, August 25, 2012

Christmas Goose


Hi everyone - it's Taylor here today! Crafter's Companion USA has released six new Paintbox Poppets sets - a Winter Collection.  I used several sets to make this holiday card and coordinating tag.  Creating a tag to complement a card is a great way to really make your gift extra special!


The darling Goose Girl provided my main image, stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Ultra Smooth White card stock and colored with my Spectrum Noir markers.

Coat/Hat: EB1, EB2, GB, BT7, BT5, BT4
Dress: CR10, CR11, DR7 (also small accents)
Staff: EB7, BG4 
Snow: BG4, BG2, BG1
Misc: GB7, GB6 (bells); DG4, DG2 (leaves)

I added sponging use Distress inks.  I left my card embellishment free, because when I make holiday cards with the intention of mailing them I try to avoid lumps!


My tag features stamps from Snow PrincessChristmas Miss, and Yuletide Logs.  I used the circular stamps from each set to create a gift tag with patterned paper that coordinates with my card.  I once again added sponging with Distress inks and a bit of color with Spectrum Noir markers. 

Have you had a chance to check out the Crafter's Companion Challenge for the month of August?  It's all about friendship, and there's a $30 gift certificate up for grabs.  Just create something that fits with our theme, and add your direct link over on the blog!

Supplies: 
Stamps: Goose Girl, Snow Princess, Christmas Miss, Yuletide Logs (Crafter's Companion)
Card Stock: Kraft (Neenah); Black (Recollections); Ultra Smooth White (Crafter's Companion)
Patterned Paper: Jovial (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy (Ranger)
Coloring Medium: Spectrum Noir
Accessories: Baker's Twine, Jute Twine
Tools:Circle Punches (SU); Spellbinder's Nestabilities
Pin It

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Taylor this is simply adorable, I love it xxx

Kathy said...

Taylor this is wonderful, looks like something I would buy in a small shop in the Swiss Alps,Just stunning!!! Excellent job!!!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is spectacular!!! Love the design and wonderful colors

Stacy H-W said...

Such a sweet image. The card is wonderful and I love that tag too. I love the papers you used. Awesome!!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous, Taylor! I LOVE the patterned papers you used. They really look amazing with these stamps!!

KYCrafter said...

This is such an excellent set!!! You do such great work!! You inspire me!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So nice! Love the great papers and color combo! Carri ~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Tonya said...

These are so beautiful. I love the vintage image and the papers are gorgeous.

{Chrissie} said...

Wow, Taylor! These are awesome. I love the browns you used. Awesome.