Monday, August 13, 2012

Christmas Wishes

Hello and happy Monday to you!  Cheryl here and I'm so excited to be able to give you a sneak peek of a brand new stamp line!  The stamps I used today are from the new Paintbox Poppets Christmas line and will be in the store very soon!  I'm SO in love with these stamps and know that you will be too!  I had so much fun creating with this sweet little girl and this beautiful sentiment.  Here's a Christmas tag that I created using two of these new stamps.

I love to make tags to hang on those special Christmas gifts and that's what this one will be used for.  I covered a standard sized manila tag (6 1/2" x 3 1/4") with an identically sized piece of the red patterned paper.  The patterned paper I used was pretty distressed and vintage looking, but I used Ranger Distress Ink on the edges to make it look even more so.

After I colored in my image with my wonderful Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, I cut it to the size I wanted  and used red ink on all of the edges.  I cut a piece of green patterned paper slightly larger than the image and distressed the edges, then attached the image.  That layer was then attached to the tag.

I also inked the edges of the sentiment with red ink  and attached it with double-sided adhesive foam circles.  Here's a close-up photograph of some of the detail on this sweet image.


In addition to using my Spectrum Noir markers, I also used a Snow Writer to add the "snow".  I sprinkled the "snow" with glitter while it was still wet.  I also used glitter glue and glitter on her petticoat and the goodies in her basket.  Here's a close-up photograph of the top of my card.


 I also used glitter glue and glitter on her scarf and her headpiece.  I just love using glitter at Christmas time.  It's the perfect time to use sparkly things.  One more thing I did I was add some very narrow ribbon to the hole in the tag.   This will be used to attach the tag to the gift.  You can see the ribbon in this picture.  You didn't see it in the first picture because I put it in the back of the tag before I photographed it. Here's a close-up picture I took.


If you wanted to, you could also use string or some of that metallic cording.  I had this matching ribbon, so I used that.  You'll just need something to tie your tag onto the gift.   Here's a picture of the supplies I used to color in my image.


I did take a close-up photograph of the Spectrum Noir colors I used, as well.  I'm finally getting in the habit of putting them in a container as I'm done using them.  It's kind of nice to be able to show you exactly what colors I used.

It's been wonderful getting to use these new stamps and I'm one step closer to being ready for Christmas.  "Happy Crafting" and I'll see you next week.

~ Cheryl ~

17 comments:

UnikeByYes said...

Lovely tag Cheryl, love the glitter and snow accents. Beautiful coloring! TFS have a great day!
Liz

{Chrissie} said...

Cheryl, this is a fantastic card and I ADORE that snow. Awesome job!

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Gorgeous tag. Love the image. Beautiful colouring work. Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Velma

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Such a sweetie she is, your coloring is so rich looking
Great job

Angela Crafty Spot said...

This tag is so pretty!! Great job!!
Angela

Trena in Naperville said...

Wow! Gorgeous Cheryl!! I love all your dimension and details. I have all the products. :) Thanks for the inspiration!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments!! I'm so happy that you like my tag! I just love these new stamps!!

Denise said...

Beautiful tag Cheryl. Love the distressing.

Kathy said...

Excellent card Cheryl, love the snow and the glitter. Your coloring is beautiful!!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for all of the comments!! I love reading them!! :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very nice! Carri ~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Michelle H. said...

Very pretty, cheryl!
Love it!!

KYCrafter said...

That's a great tag!!! LOVE the bling! I think most Christmas things deserve bling.

christmas wishes messages said...

Awww such a stunning and lovely tag. It's perfect for every christmas gift this holiday season. I simply love it ;-)

Jetsu said...

Lovely christmas gift tag. You can put your heartiest christmas greetings on it to complete your present.

Cuttysark said...

I love your homemade christmas cards, i just hope you did not forget to choose a meaningful Christmas Wishes and greetings for your card.

Merry Christmas,
Cathy

sasha concepcion said...

Nice card, with christmas messages your christmas card is just perfect. Good job!

Merry Christmas from Sasha
http://messages.365greetings.com/christmas/christmas-greetings.html