Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dance like no one's watching ...


Hello friends, my name is Lisa and I'm a paper hoarder.  No - really.  I have so much paper - not to mention the solid card stock - that I have to go through containers and containers to decide what to use.  And then there are the organized drawers of scraps of fairly good size.  And the drawer of strips.  I know, I know ...  TOO MUCH already!!

Anyway - for this week's Crafter's Companion project, I decided to use a scrap of patterned paper for the background behind my images.  I used the new Sheena Douglass' Hidden Fairies set.  These are darling!!  This is a set of silhouette images and there's so much you can do with these.  I'm going to show you just one quick idea that I've come up with.


I cut my patterned paper to 3 3/4" x 5".  I selected three of the fairies and placed them on the paper where it would look like they were dancing on the flowers and leaves.  I added the sentiment to the top area of the paper.

I used Extra Strong Permanent Tape to attach the patterned paper onto a 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" piece of coordinating card stock.  I layered this piece, with the Permanent Tape, to a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of black card stock.  I used the black to pull together the card with the images.

I used a 1/8" hole punch to punch holes in each of the corners.  I added rhinestone brads in three corners.  In the bottom right corner, I put a rhinestone flower brad.  Even though I could not capture it in the photo, I colored in the fairy wings with a clear glitter pen.  Just a touch of sparkle in the right light.

I attached the constructed piece onto the center of the card base.  I used a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of a coordinating color of card stock.  I folded it in half so the card has a side fold.

All in all, I think it probably has taken me about the same time to type this as it did to create a quick card for you.

I am looking forward to using Sheena Douglass' silhouette stamps for several more cards to use up my extra pieces of patterned paper.  If I can clear out a drawer, maybe I can fill it up with new paper!!  Ha!!!

Have a great weekend!

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration. 


Lisa


5 comments:

Denise said...

Love your beautiful bling and paper! What a wonderful way to use up your extra paper. It's hilarious you talk about using up stash so you can add some new paper to your collection! Lol.

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful card! From one paper hoarder to another. LOL Glad you broke out some of your stash. I've been trying to do that more and more.

Kathy said...

beautiful!!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I love how you used your papers, I am also a hoarder so your in good company

Joan V said...

Lisa, this is so creative. I love the way that you used the fairies and the flowered paper. Thanks for sharing. PS. I love those stamps, too.