Thursday, August 9, 2012

Easy All-Occasion card tutorial

Good morning crafters!  Have you all been hopping around our design team members' blogs and entering to win prizes?  If not, you still have a couple days left to participate in our Birthday Blog Hop :)

Today I have a quick and easy card tutorial for you, using the gorgeous Blossom Stamp Set from the new Moorhead stamp collection.


I started my project by cutting out a 4 x 4 inch white piece of premium white cardstock and stamping my image on it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I colored my stamp with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  Because Memento Ink is water-based, the Spectrum Noir markers won't smear the black ink. 



For the base of my card, I cut out a 6 x 12 piece of black paper, I also cut out a matching black 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 square.


For the background of my card, I cut a 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 square out of my designer paper and chose an over-sized flower to layer behind my stamped image.


Next, I glued down my 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 inch designer paper onto my card base, and my 4x4 inch stamped image onto the black 4 1/2 inch by 4 1/2 inch square.


I placed my large flower in the upper left hand corner, making sure it hung off the edges a little bit.


I added my black-matted stamped image to the center of my card using Double Sided Adhesive Foam Circles.  This really adds a three dimensional effect to your card.   


Lastly, I added three smaller flowers in the lower right hand corner, layering them on top of each other.

I hope you enjoyed my quick tutorial.  If you've made anything with our darling new Moorhead collection, we'd love to see it.  Please share it with us over on our Facebook page.

Hope you have a crafty day!

Denise

12 comments:

Kathy said...

Great tutorial Denise! Love the card and beautiful coloring. Love all the flowers. Wonderful job!!

Linda R. said...

Great card...thanks for showing us how to make it!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

The colors are amazing on this cutie!!!
I love all the rich colors and they make this image pop.
Thanks for sharing

Tonya said...

What a fabulous card. I love this image and the background is awesome.

jordanbev5 said...

Great card and love your coloring and design!

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Great tutorial. Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Velma

Stacy H-W said...

So cute Denise! She is colored beautifully and I just love that background!! AWESOME JOB!

Barb Turpin said...

Sweet image,love the background too.

Cheryl said...

She's an absolutely beauty and I LOVE the way your whole card turned out!!

{Chrissie} said...

I love the placement of that flower. She is really cute - great card!

Trena in Naperville said...

What a great card Denise! I love your colors, layers, and flowers! So cute!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

KYCrafter said...

This is a great tutorial AND a great card!!!