Thursday, August 2, 2012

For You at Christmas Snowflake card

Good morning crafters!  November and December is always so crazy in our house, so I am trying to get a head start on making my Christmas cards for this year.  This snowy card has lots of snowflakes, glitter, and mesh.

The darling stamped image is from Crafter's Companion Mulberry Wood Merry & Bright stamp set, while the "For you at Christmas" sentiment is from the All Wrapped Up stamp set.  I colored my stamp using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and added Stickles to the Santa hat and suit.


For the base of my 5" x 7" card, I misted my card blue on both both sides (though you could use blue card stock to make this quicker), and cut a scalloped oval out of the front of the card.


Once the Stickles dried, I wrapped snowflake embossed mesh around the card so that it looked like it was snowing.


I just taped it down in the back with regular scotch tape.


Next, I glued the image face down, making sure to only put the glue on the outer edges where it wouldn't show through on the other side.


Then I folded smaller white card stock and glued it down to both sides of the card.  I just eyeballed the size so that some of the blue would be visible. 


Finally, I die cut out some snowflake from the Winter Cheer Cricut cartridge, gave them a little glitter and adhered them to the front of the card.


Hope my card inspires you to create your own holiday card.  We'd love for you to share it with us on our Facebook page if you do :)

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Denise

9 comments:

Cathy said...

what a lovely card!

Stacy H-W said...

Great card girlie!! Love your coloring on this project.

Cheryl said...

What a great card! I love all of your instructions!!

tndj said...

what a cute card. Instructions were great.

{Chrissie} said...

Sooooo cute! I love, love, love the mesh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trena in Naperville said...

Very cute! Great background Denise!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

UnikeByYes said...

Denise, this is adorable!!! TFS

Kathy said...

This is so cute, and your coloring is awesome, super job!!!

KYCrafter said...

What a great card!!!