Monday, August 6, 2012

Crafter's Companion Birthday Blog Hop


Welcome to The Crafter’s Companion Birthday Blog Hop


We are so happy you could join us and hop along today. We are celebrating Crafter's Companion's birthday with this fun hop. The blog hop starts today August 6th and ends at midnight pst on August 10th. 
First you need to be a follower of the Crafter's Companion informational blog. You must be a US Resident, leave a comment on this post AND find the "secret" letter on each design team member's blog that spells out a "secret" phrase.
When you have all the letters for the phrase, you will then email the phrase to Bindy at bindy@crafterscompanion.com. When the hop is over Bindy will use Random Generator to pick the grand prize winner. And what is that grand prize you ask?!!
How about a $100 gift card to the Crafter's Companion online store!!! WOO HOO!!

And be sure to stop and comment and follow our DT along the way because they will each have one Popcorn the Bear - Party Time stamp set to giveaway at the end of the hop to a lucky person from their personal blog!!



Here is a list of the DT you will need to visit on this hop:
Trena Brannon http://trenastampinhq.blogspot.com/ 

Now here is your normal post for today.
Hi there! Chrissie here today and I'm sharing a Christmas card.  I know it's still the summer, but the holidays are just around the corner.  Kind of a scary thought, huh?! :-) I just love the Mulberry Woods sets so much, I really can't stop creating with them.  They are just too, too cute to resist.


I used my Spectrum Noir Markers to color in the image and I added some glossy accents to the lights on his antlers, as well as some glitter glue to parts of the snow.  To balance out the card, I added in those three buttons in the lower left corner and I stamped a sentiment in the upper right.

Here are the markers I used:




This is why Spectrum Noir markers are awesome - I really didn't use that many markers, but I was able to create an entire scene!

And here is a close up of the detail on the card:


See what I'm saying? These images are just sooo cute! Thanks for stopping by today.  Now it is time to go join in on the blog hop!!  Your first stop is Carolyn's blog.  Good luck and have fun!!


35 comments:

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Beautiful card. Love the image. I also wanted to let you know that I used my Marigold stamp set that I won from you. It's posted on my blog. Hugs, Velma

Caryn S said...

Aww the mooses (meese? what is the plural here?) are darling! Love the coloring as well.

windycindy said...

What a wonderful card...
Thanks for this special blog hop!
Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Cheryl said...

Love your adorable Christmas Moose card, Chrissie!!

Happy Birthday, Crafter's Companion!!! I'm SO honored to be a part of this team!!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love your Moose card. That image is very sweet.

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday to CC! Love the Moose xmas card. It's so cute!!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Your card is wonderful such a fun design.
I hope everyone joins our hop!

Diane17Lynne said...

Happy 5th Birthday, many more!!! In my world, it's never too early for making Christmas cards!! Thanks for the Moose card. One question, the Spectrum Noir markers you used, are they part of the 6 pen sets or the 24 pen sets? I just started stamping and am not sure where to invest my money when it comes to markers. Thanks,

Dorina D said...

Happy 5th Birtdhay and many more, Darling Christmas card and so cute. Great job of coloring. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy said...

Wonderful project, so Cute!!

Karenladd said...

Having such a fun time on the hop with all these adorable projects!

ScrappyRae10 said...

The card is super adorable!!!! Great coloring!

Scrappin with the bug said...

What a very very pretty card. I love the scene you created. Great job.

Diane S said...

Very cute Christmas card!

Tinkerbellgirl said...

Just great work! debsegler@gmail.com

Angela Crafty Spot said...

Very cute card!!
Angela
http://angelascraftyspot.blogspot.com/

Sue said...

Happy, Happy Birthday. Looks like lots of fun to be had. Off I go!!

Sue

Aliya said...

Very cute cards! I love them!!!!

Cathy said...

Oh my gosh, what an adorable card!!!
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Sue D said...

Great card--I like the coloring and papers. It was a fun blog hop too.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Ange said...

It's not too early for Christmas...only 139 days!

Ange said...

oh yeah....and I love the moose!

Brenda Sue Gahn said...

Awesome card. Love the moose and the accents. Have a great day. Happy Birthday

Amber S said...

Cute card Chrissie. And now I'm off to hop.

Ange said...

I just finished the blog hop and it was so fun! It was the first one I had ever done.

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Love this cute card and wow...what a prize on offer!

Linda R. said...

Great hop! Love your moose card! Its adorable!

Aliya said...

The blog hop was fun! I think it's the first time I've actually visited all of the design team member's blogs. Great projects everyone! I feel so inspired!

Lillian Child said...

Five years is such a huge milestone! Congrats and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! And what a delightful blog hop for the occasion. I can't believe all the amazing talent of your Design Team gals! WOW. They really inspired me with their creativity and fun projects. Love meeting new people who share my papercrafting passion. Thanks so much for the chance to win SUCH a generous prize for this event.

Tanya said...

Very cute! Everyone did a fantastic job with the hop...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Bonnie said...

Happy birthday, I had fun with the blog hop. Thanks for the chance to win

Amy E said...

What a great card Chrissie made! I love the new Mulberry Woods collection!

Thanks for a great blog hop! I'm emailing Bindy now!

amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

{Chrissie} said...

Diane, they are from multiple 6 pen sets, but the nice thing is that the browns come together, the greens come together, etc. So you don't have to order them all separately and figure out which ones work best together. They are well worth the money - I have purchased other alcohol based markers in the past (Copic and Prismacolor) and I really do like these the best!!!!

Anonymous said...

The Blog Hop was fun. Thanks for a great way to get to know the design team and visit their web sites! The birthday week celebration was great. What a deal for us the customers. Thank you!

KYCrafter said...

Love this card!! Great colors and fun background paper ... perfect for this card.