Monday, August 20, 2012

Powered by Fairy Dust

Hello, Cheryl here and I hope you're having a good Monday!  For my weekly post, I chose one of our new Sheena stamp sets, A Little Bit Festive, Fairy Power to use.  This stamp set is absolutely adorable and I had so much fun with it.  Here's the card that I created.



Isn't this just the cutest set?  I actually created a "clean and simple" card for this week's post.  At least, it's about as "clean and simple" as I can get.  CAS is actually quite difficult for me and every once in awhile, I challenge myself to use this style. 
I wanted the image to look like it was part of the paper on the card, so I used the broad end of my Spectrum Noir markers to create the background.  By going over it very lightly, and very carefully, I was able to achieve the look I wanted.  I colored her dress pink, then went back over the highlights with the same pink for added dimension.   Then I went back over all of the the folds with a white gel pen.  I used glitter glue and glitter on her wings and a gold glitter pen on her star. I added the three little (Prima) flowers that matched the colors on the card.  There were already some pretty flowers on the patterned paper and I really liked that bluish-purple color that's peeking out.   I also thought that the rainbow on the patterned paper was so perfect for this sweet little fairy girl.

Here's a picture of the markers I used.


Here's a close-up photograph of my card.


I outlined the entire card with Ranger Distress Ink, Vintage Photo and the sentiment with pink ink.   The sentiment is attached with foam circles.  Here's one more close-up.

Thanks for stopping by today and letting me share my card with you.  Have a great week and "Happy Scrapping".

~ Cheryl ~

5 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Such a sweetie, I just love her

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Dawn! She is such a cutie!!

KYCrafter said...

Cheryl ... great card! I really love to make clean and simple cards. Glad you added those flowers, they just make that card pop!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

She is so sweet! Carri ~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

{Chrissie} said...

This is just darling!!!