Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Santa's Suit Waiting for Christmas

This week at Crafter's Companion~  Team 1 is able to share anything we want from the CC store.

I used Stamp It Holiday Collection, isn't this a fun set to play with?
I started by stamping this set and coloring with my Spectrum Noir markers of course.
I used several of my favorite reds and blended away...then I used some liquid applique for the white areas.
 I used a window die cut to look like a clothing chest, I know Santa has to hang up his suit while he isn't using it, right?  Each piece was fussy cut and pop dotted to the clothing chest.  I even opened the chest and added the suit in the inside with some of my favorite Really Reasonable Ribbon Baker's Twine.
 I wanted to share how I used my Spectrum Noir markers to color the die cut.

The paper on the background is a fun Webster's Pages vellum piece. I used my Wescott crafting knife and a ruler to cut out the opening so you can see inside the chest.
Now you know I had to decorate Santa's chest just a little~ I am sure Mrs Claus would want it that way.
post signature

12 comments:

Kathy said...

This is adorable!!! Love the closet,and the clothes look so cute hanging there. What a great idea!! The tutorial is awesome, thank you so much.

KYCrafter said...

That is FANTASTIC!! LOVE it!!!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Thanks Kathy!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Thanks sweetie!

Cheryl said...

Oh my word this is adorable!!!!!

Stacy H-W said...

Wonderful project dawn!

Barb Turpin said...

So cute! Love the 'fur'...

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Thanks so much Cheryl!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Thanks Stacy, glad you like it.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Thanks Barb, I liked the fur also.

{Chrissie} said...

This is one of the cutest cards I've EVER seen! I simply LOVE it!

Trena in Naperville said...

Awesome idea Dawn! Love it!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!