Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sleigh Ride

Good morning crafters!  Today I have a card for you using the brand-new Paintbox Poppets Christmas collection and Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle Glitter Varnish.  If you love glitter, but not the mess, this is the glitter spray for you.


Here's an example of a piece of paper I sprayed with the Silver Spray and Sparkle next to a regular sheet of patterned paper.  Quite a difference, isn't it?   It only takes a few minutes to dry and the glitter doesn't flake off like regular glitter.   This is a great way to quickly add sparkle to any kind of paper you have.


For my main image, I chose this gorgeous new Poppet Christmas stamp.  I just love the fun, vintage look.  I colored my stamp with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.



After I finished coloring my stamp, I sprayed it with the Silver Spray and Sparkle Glitter Varnish and took a picture of it under bright lights so you can really see all the sparkle. Doesn't it look like it's snowing?  


To complete my card, I layered some ribbon trim and paper under my stamped image and added some die cuts here and and there.   I got a little crazy with the glitter spray and sprayed the snowflakes too.  


I hope you've enjoyed my sneak peak from Paint-Box Poppets Christmas collection.  These will be available in our store next week; It's never too early to get a jump start on your holiday cards.

Have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh yea I need to try some of that spray...your design is wonderful

Stacy H-W said...

Love it!! Great job with the glitter spray!! I adore the sparkle.

Trena in Naperville said...

Love this card Denise! Thanks for sharing a quick way to get a dynamic background!
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Cheryl said...

I love this card! I MUST get some of that glitter spray!!!

dmbennett said...

Wonderful card. I too must get some of the glitter spray!!!

Kathy said...

Wonderful card!! Great coloring, and I agree, I love the glitter spray. Super job!!

Kathy S. said...

Beautiful card! I just got my can of glitter spray today. Can't wait to try it out.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card Denise!

Tonya said...

So pretty. It really does look like it is snowing. Fabulous job!

KYCrafter said...

Thanks for showing the glitter spray!! That's some really cool stuff!!

{Chrissie} said...

I love the shimmer spray - what a great idea!