Thursday, August 23, 2012

Snow Princess Card

This week's card features the Snow Princess from Christine Haworth's Paintbox Poppets new Christmas themed stamps.


I started with a 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of silver metallic card stock. I fold it in half so that this card has a side fold. I added a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of scrap paper from my Christmas/Winter stash. I attached this to the card base with double-sided adhesive foam.

I put the image of the girl and the words "Snow Princess" on Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock. I cut out the words to about 2 1/4" x 5/8" and set them to the side until needed.

I used my Spectrum Noir markers to color the girl. I colored her to compliment my scrap paper. In addition to the Spectrum Noir markers, I used gold and silver metallic pens to decorate the ornate decoration on her outfit. I used Crystal Stickles on her hat, muff, and bottom of her dress. After she was dry, I cut her out of the paper.

I tore a 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" piece of white Mulberry paper. I squished up the bottom of the paper to make the final piece almost 4" tall. I attached this with the 3-D Crystal Lacquer. I used several tiny drops down the middle of the mulberry paper. I put it into position and lightly pressed it down to the scrap of decorative paper. I also added a drop on either side of the squished up paper.

I stuck the girl onto the mulberry paper with the adhesive foam. I placed her feet on the squished up paper to look as if it were snow she was standing in.

I added a bit of Extra Strong Permanent Tape to the back of the words piece from earlier. I placed it at an angle and covering part of the Mulberry paper. (Please see the photo for placement.) I used the Stickles again ... this time dotting around the words. Part of the dot of Stickles was on the card stock and the other part of the dot was on the paper. This technique helps not only to decorate and subtly draw your eye there, but it helps to hold down the edges of the card stock.

After it was all put together, I thought it could use a little something more. I got into my stash of bling. I picked out some pretty light blue crystal bling and applied it to the middle of the snowflakes on the decorative paper.   I used 3-D Crystal Lacquer to secure the bling because my paper had glittered snowflakes on it. The bling won't stay on that for long without a little help.



Enjoy!! I hope this brings a little whoosh of cool air to you at a time when every where seems to be so very hot.

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

6 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Isn't this just so beautiful!! I love the Snow Princess. She just evokes feeling of a cool winter day. Awesome job!

Denise said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love the soft texture of the white mulberry paper and winter colors :)

{Chrissie} said...

This is just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing job!

Cheryl said...

What a sweet image and card. I just love the colors you used!

Cathy said...

She is sooo pretty!!

Kathy said...

Lisa, she is stunning, the blue and white make you think of winter, cool and crisp. Excellent job!!!