Saturday, August 18, 2012

Winter Wonderland

Hello everyone!  It's Taylor here today, with a bit of winter inspiration.  New stamps have been added to the awesome Mulberry Wood collection over at Crafter's Companion USA.  I think these wintertime stamps are so stinkin' adorable, and fun to color!  Today I've used the new Sledging By set.  You can get these stamps at the Crafter's Companion UK site, too.

I colored it up with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I'm often asked how long it takes me to color a card, so this time I paid attention.  I started by picking out my patterned paper/color scheme, and checking out my color chart to see which markers I'd be needing.

Snowman Hat: TB8, TB7, TB5, TB2 EB2, EB1, GB5
Snowman Body: BT3, BT1 (cheeks: CR3, nose: GB8, EB2)
Sled: GB5, EB2, EB1, BGR3
Trees: BGR3, BGR2, BGR1
Sky: BG4, BG2, BG1
Snow: BGR2, BGR1, BT1 (under/around sled); BG2, BT1 (outline under trees)
Moon: GB2, GB1

It looks like a lot of markers, but there really isn't much colorable surface area to this particular stamp.  All together, it only took me fifteen minutes to be completely satisfied with how he was colored (and I stopped once, to explain to my toddler why he could not use my markers!).  The Spectrum Noir markers are so easy to use on the Ultra Smooth White card stock, and the bullet nib end makes coloring quick.


I trimmed the main image panel down to size, and used Distress inks to add warmth to the edges.  Then I did the same thing to the sentiment (from the new Winter Wonderland set); for both panels I used the foam blending pads and tool.  I love that thing!  I also used my BGR3 marker to outline my sentiment, after stamping it.

To finish my card I added Crystal Stickles over the snowflakes and tied on a bit of ribbon and fused iridescent pearls.  The hard part was waiting for the stickles to dry!

Have you had a chance to check out the Crafter's Companion Challenge for the month of August?  It's all about friendship, and there's a $30 gift certificate up for grabs.  Just create something that fits with our theme, and add your direct link over on the blog!

Supplies: 
Stamps: Sledging By, Winter Wonderland (Crafter's Companion)
Card Stock: Kraft (Neenah); Ultra Smooth White (Crafter's Companion)
Patterned Paper: Snowfall (Bo Bunny)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy (Ranger)
Coloring Medium: Spectrum Noir
Accessories: Crystal Stickles (Ranger); Ribbon, Fused Pearls (Unknown)
Pin It

8 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Your coloring is spectacular I love this piece.

Tonya said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the Mulberry Wood image and all of the details you have added.

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Gorgeous card. Love that snowman. Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Velma

Kathy said...

Stunning card!!! love the background paper, and all the blue, that makes the card.Super bow and love the glitter!!! Awesome Job!!!

Cheryl said...

This is just gorgeous, Taylor! Your coloring is always so inspiring!! Thanks for giving us some insight into your creative process.

Cathy said...

so beautiful, I have to get some of these spectrum markers some day!!
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

KYCrafter said...

Taylor ... this card makes me think a cold whoosh of winter air just went through here!! Keep up the good work!

{Chrissie} said...

I love this card Taylor! Your coloring is awesome and I love the Stickles!!!