Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Bit of Buddles...Just For You!


Hi there!  It's Taylor here again today.  This time I'm sharing an upcoming addition to the Toread collection - aren't all these tiny nymphs just darling?  This one is Buddles, and I think she has the sweetest face!  Although the sentiments that come in this stamp set are great, I decided to use one from Flora's set, simply because it worked better for my intended recipient.   It works well with the basket of apples, don't you think?


I colored her with my Spectrum Noir markers (pictured below).  The markers color so well on the Ultra Smooth White card stock! I chose the colors based on the patterned paper I picked out for my card.  I started by coloring the leaves on her skirt and in her hair; next came her shoes and the basket of apples.  Finally, I did her hair and then her skin.  For me, it's easiest to do the skin on images last, so I can correct any accidental mistakes if I go outside the lines.


I didn't do much extra on this card, because I think the image is so cute, it's enough!  Darling Buddles doesn't need any dressing up.  Just a teensy bit of sparkly bling made it all perfect :)  Stay tuned - you'll be able to purchase the Toread collection in the Crafter's Companion USA store the latter part of this week!  Which one is your favorite?

Supplies: 
Stamps: Buddles, Flora (Crafter's Companion)
Card Stock: Kraft (Neenah); Old Oilve (SU); Ultra Smooth White (Crafter's Companion)
Patterned Paper: Olivia (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Coloring Medium: Spectrum Noir
Accessories: Bling (Bazzill Basics)

Pin It

8 comments:

Dora said...

This is adorable. Love this cute image x x

tndj said...

so adorable love the image. Great stamp!

Cheryl said...

Your coloring is amazing, Taylor!!

Kathy said...

Love her, so cute!! great job!!

KYCrafter said...

Love it!!

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

I'm so loving this new stamp. And your coloring is beautiful!!!

Rebecca Wagner said...

Awww, I love this card!

{Chrissie} said...

Your coloring always blows me away Taylor! I love the colors you chose, too!