Monday, September 3, 2012

Another Sheena Sneak

Isn't it exciting to get sneak peeks of brand new stamps that will be in the store soon?  Cheryl here and I'll be sharing some new Sheena Festive stamps with you today.  These new stamps are going to be some of your favorite Christmas/winter stamps ~ I promise!  Here's a Christmas card that I created for today's post.


I used the Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth Premium White Card stock for my stamps and is it ever wonderful!!  I highly recommend this paper!  It's 80 lb and perfect for stamping and alcohol markers!  You can find this card stock here.  Of course, I used my Spectrum Noir markers to color in the holly.

I had a piece of Basic Grey Figgy Pudding patterned paper that I'd been hoarding and it was perfect for this card.  I inked the edges of the paper with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and used red ink on the edges of the sentiment.

The bunches of holly are comprised of six separate stamped images.  I colored them with my Spectrum Noir markers and used Glossy Accents on the berries.  When the Glossy Accents was completely dry, I fussy cut the sprigs out and "stacked" them, using Double Sided Adhesive Foam Circles to add dimension.  I love these foam circles because they range in sizes and the smallest ones are tiny and perfect for things just like this!

Here's a close-up photograph that I took of my card:


Here's a close-up of the holly.  I took this photograph to show you how I "stacked" the holly sprigs.   (Here's a secret: I used 2 whole holly springs and cut the other 4 into smaller sections, so I could "fill in" where I wanted to.  I also made the stack on the bottom just a little larger.)


Here's one more view of my card:


It was a lot of fun to get creative with the holly sprigs and coloring six of them wasn't as time consuming as you might think.  I just used the first color on all of them, then moved onto the next color, etc.  I got my own little holly-coloring assembly line going.  LOL

I'd love for you to stop by my blog and see more of my work.  Have a great week and "Happy Crafting"!

~ Cheryl ~

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Excellent card, love the 3-d holly.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is so beautiful! Love the coloring

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card! Carri ~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Stacy H-W said...

I totally love this card Cheryl!! It is sooooo my style!! Great job.

KYCrafter said...

Love this card!!! You must like to "fussy cut" as much as I do!!

Rufus said...

Great 3-d holly and I like the sentiment!
R/

Manetta Kanefsky said...

love this card. it looks easy enough to do several like this. will have to pin this and try it this weekend! thank you for sharing

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Gorgeous card. Just love it. Thank you for sharing your work. Hugs, Velma