Monday, September 10, 2012

Beatrix Potter Toppers

Hello and happy Monday!  Cheryl here and today I get to share some adorable Beatrix Potter 3D Toppers with you.  About a week or so ago, I got to do the Monday Inspiration post over on the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog.  I had just received these toppers in the mail and couldn't wait to use them:


I used the sweet little knitting mouse last time and this time I used the two bunny rabbits strolling along with their canes.  Here's the card that I made for you today:


I made another 4" x 4" card so that I could really showcase this sweet 3D Topper.  I cut out a patterned paper circle and attached the topper to that.  Then I added the topper and circle to the striped patterned paper on the front of my card base.  I used Black Soot, Distress Ink on the outside edges of my card.

Since these are guy bunnies, I used jute to make a double bow ~ I think it's more masculine.  Then I just added the "Happy Birthday" topper to the bottom corner.  Here's a close-up photograph of the cute little guys:


Aren't all of those layers just wonderful?

The reason I started out by talking about my post on the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog is because I did something similar again.  Previously, I made a little 4" x 4" card and also made a matching envelope.  I made an "envelobox" for this little card.


I used my Ultimate Tool again to make this envelope, which is really an envelobox.  I went into more detail on my other post, which I'm not going to do today.  You make it the same way, you just have to move the card stock, as shown in the directions, to get the "thickness".  I make most of my cards "fat" so I'm going to be making a lot of these.   Here's a picture of my "fat card" slipping right down into this envelobox:


Look ~ there's room to spare!


Here's a picture of my card, along with it's envelobox:


 If you haven't tried making any enveloboxes yet, I'm totally hooked on them!

Thanks for stopping by today and letting me share my Beatrix Potter 3D Topper creation with you.  See you next week and "Happy Crafting"!

~ Cheryl ~

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow!! so beautiful and elegant, excellent job sweetie!!

Cathy said...

I so love this, I love Beatrix Potter as well.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is totally adorable

KYCrafter said...

Great tutorial!! Great project!

{Chrissie} said...

Love the envelo-box. I love how this card is simple, but elegant at the same time!!!

Cheryl said...

Thank you ALL for the wonderful comments!!!

Mamun said...

First time here...u have nice space and really inspirational stuff... I'll be back soon.


peter rabbit