Monday, September 10, 2012

Creating Your Own Watercolors!

Hi there! Chrissie here again today.  It is with a sad heart that I have to announce that we are going to have to say goodbye to one of our Design Team members.  Carolyn Labille is leaving us and we are really going to miss all of her crafty inspiration around here.  Best wishes Carolyn from all of us on the team!!

Now for my project.   I'm excited to show you a card I made with the some of the newest Sheena stamp sets, A Little Bit Festive (they will be available in just a few days)!

I stamped the images on white card stock, colored them in with Spectrum Noir Markers and then I decided to use my ink refills as paint.  Buy just dropping some ink on a stamping block or an empty CD case and adding some water, you can make your own watercolor creation!


I also dry embossed the card stock before I started adding my paint.  I simply dipped the brush in water, swirled it around on my palette with a touch of the ink and started painting at the top in a circular motion.  I added less and less ink as I went down the page to give it a little bit of a gradient effect.


I made sure to put a scrap piece of paper underneath it so nothing else got too messy!

I let it dry a little while and then I put a heavy book on it, so it would dry flat.  The water makes card stock curl, so don't forget this step!

Once it was dry, I took some brown ink and rubbed it onto the raised portions of the card and adhered the bird with some adhesive dots.  For a finishing touch, I spritzed some white spray mist onto it!




Thanks for stopping by today!



6 comments:

Kathy said...

Super card, love the coloring on the bird stamp and thank you so much for the tutorial. Graet job!!

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful card! Thanks for the tutorial!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Wow great texture and colors

Rufus said...

Great little bird! Thanks for sharing.
R/

Emily H said...

This is so amazing!!! I want to do this!

KYCrafter said...

Great project. That's a wonderful tip about the ink and using it as a watercolor.