Saturday, September 1, 2012

Earthy Dragonfly


Happy Saturday everyone! It's Taylor here today on the Labor Day weekend...hope you have fun plans for the holiday!  Sheena Douglass has released some fabulous new stamp sets over at Crafter's Companion this week - I'm not even going to pretend I didn't drool all over my keyboard!  Sheena has designed these new stamps sets specifically to work with the fabulous Spectrum Noir coloring range, as well as other bold background finishes.

I used the Flying Colors set today - HOW stunning is that dragonfly?  To keep the focus on the stamp, I decided to go Clean and Simple (CAS) with the rest of my card.  Kraft and black are a great CAS combo, especially when accented by that fun Reptile Pattern embossing folder.  I love these folders because they are big - truly A2 sized, so my whole panel easily fits in there.

I colored my dragonfly with my Spectrum Noir markers:

Wings: EB1, EB2, GB8
Body: EB7, BG3
Eyes: IG1

After I colored it, I adhered it to the small panel using double sided adhesive foam, for added dimension. To complete the card, I tied a bit of black ribbon around the bottom.

And since today is the first of the month, a new challenge kicked off over at the Crafter's Companion Challenge blog!  For September, it's all about dots and stripes.  Head over to check it out, and play along to win a $30 store gift certificate!

Supplies: 
Stamps: Flying Colors (Crafter's Companion)
Card Stock: Black (Recollections), Kraft (Neenah)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Coloring Medium: Spectrum Noir
Accessories: Black Grosgrain Ribbon (May Arts)
Tools:Reptile Print Embossing Folder (Darice)
Pin It

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love your card Taylor! The colors are gorgeous and so is your dragon fly!!

Stacy H-W said...

WOW Taylor!! This is just beautiful!! I love the texture of the card and the delicacy of the dragonfly. Great job!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card!! Love the texture and the dragonfly is awesome...

Trena in Naperville said...

Beautiful Taylor!

Take care and Stay POSITIVE!

KYCrafter said...

You have used that image in such a great way!!! I was wondering about it, wondering how I could use it. You've shown me and have inspired me.