Tuesday, September 4, 2012

From Our Home to Yours

Hi!  Stacy here today.  I'm always so excited when I get to play with product before it is out on the market.  This week I am lucky enough to get to work with Sheena Douglass' new A Little Bit Festive stamps.  These stamps will be available on September 13th in the Crafter's Companion store and I think you are going to really like them. 

I stamped out my image and colored it with my Spectrum Noir markers.  Then I went a little crazy.  I wanted the feel of a very wintery scene so I got out my Glossy Accents, my Stampendous Shaved Ice and my Martha Stewart Crystal Course glitter. 

I started by folding a piece of scrap paper in half lengthwise.  I put my image on top of the folded paper and wiped over it with a dryer sheet.  This will help the glitter and shaved ice from sticking where it isn't supposed to stick.  Then I used the glossy accents to outline the areas I wanted the "heavy snow".  Then I opened up my Shaved Ice and sprinkled it over the glossy accents.  I pressed down gently with my fingers.  Next I picked up the image and tapped it gently over my folded piece of paper.  Now to save every little bit, I pick up my folded paper and pinch it together a bit and use it as a funnel to pour the extra bits back into the container.  Easy!  I followed the same process with my glitter.  Then I set it aside to dry.

Now I stamped out my sentiment and scanned it through my computer so I could adjust the size down a bit.  I cut out the sentiment and the mat with my Nestabilities Dies.  Then I stapled on a bit of ribbon.  All that was left was to put the card together.   I layered some papers and then my colored image and then used my double sided adhesive squares to "pop" the sentiment up off the page a bit.   Voila!  All done.

Thanks for stopping by today and looking.  Until next time...happy scrapping!!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh my word is this ever gorgeous, Stacy!!!!!

KYCrafter said...

Beautiful!!!

Cathy said...

what a stunning card, I love it.
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Linda said...

Wow, you did a fabulous job with this card. I love the whole scene. Hmmm. I just might have to get them. Linda E.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

WOW!!!
The details are amazing on this beauty, I love the glitter

Kathy said...

Stacy this is beautiful!!, love the glitter snow!! Your art work is amazing...