Sunday, September 9, 2012

Just for You Card

Hi everyone!  Lisa here today filling in for Carolyn.  I'm excited to post a second time this week and hope you like what I have made to share with you today.





I started this card with a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of red card stock.  I folded it in half so it has a side fold.  I attached a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of decorative background paper, centered on card base, with Extra Strong Permanent Tape.

Next, I placed a piece of 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" black card stock (centered) on 3" x 4" piece of green card stock, and again, used the Permanent Tape to attach them.   I put all of this to the side until needed later.


I put three of the images on a piece of Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock.  I used my Spectrum Noir markers to color all of the first image.  Color middle and bottom presents on second image.  And finally, color paws and bow, and bottom package on the third image.  These were then cut from the card stock.  Here's a picture to refer to ...


Remember to color the images before cutting.  Trust me ... I know this for a fact!  LOL!

Here are the colors of the Spectrum Noir markers used to color the images ...

dog - IG1, IG2, IG3, IG8
bows, berries, stripes, dots - CR9, DR4, DR5, DR9
stripes, holly leaves, dots - JG2, LG5

Ink around all of the cut-out images with black ink.


I attached the dog to the center of the black card stock with Permanent Tape.  I layered the pieces on top of the dog with Double-sided Adhesive Foam.

view of layers from left side
view of layers from top



















I put more Double-sided Adhesive Foam on the back side of the green card stock.  I attached this to the center of the decorative paper.  With that, my card was done.

Hope you enjoy this card.  I had a great time making it.  Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration. 
Lisa

8 comments:

Debbie said...

What a fabulous card!! Haven't tried decoupage with stamping before and your instructions are just great! Thanks so much!
Debbie x

Amy E said...

Lisa, this is GORGEOUS!!! I am just in love with this card! I've never tried the technique, but I've ordered a Popcorn the Bear CD and know that there's some graphic and instructions on it to do something similar. After seeing your card, now I can't wait to try! GREAT job!

Cathy said...

awesome job!!!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Totally sweet

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful card!! Thanks for these instructions!!!

Manetta Kanefsky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Manetta Kanefsky said...

adorable!!! I need to pick up some more foam pop ups as I ran out. I love making cards like this and those receiving them-love them even more. I like your way of showing us how to make this. Going to refer someone I know to this page so she can see how easy it is.

so cute. thank you for sharing.

{Chrissie} said...

I love all of the layers. This is a super cute card.