Thursday, September 27, 2012

Lollipop Treat Card

Good morning crafters!  With so many different holidays coming up, I thought I would share a card you can make with a treat inside.   These are perfect for just about everybody.  Who doesn't love to open up a card and find a goodie inside?



I started my card by cutting out a 6 inch by 12 inch piece of double-sided cardstock.  One side had a flower pattern, while the other was a solid color.  I then made a score line at 3 inches from either side of the card.   

Next I cut out three matching mats for the inside of my card; (2) 2 3/4 inch by 5 3/4 inches and (1) 5 3/4 by 5/ 34 inches.


After gluing down the three mats into the inside of my card, I punched two holes on the outer middle edge of the cards, making sure to line up the holes.  Adding eyelets in the holes added some extra durability.  

For the center inside of my card,  I colored this cute little nymph from the soon-to-be-released Toread Flora stamp set with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  This new line of stamps features all kinds of adorable characters!  I choose TN5, TN7, TN8 for her hair, EB1 and EB2 for her skin, CG1 and CG2 for her dress and leaves in her crown, and GB3 for the flowers in her crown.  For a little sparkle, I also added some gold Stickles over all the flowers.


Once I was done, I cut out a couple of mats for my stamped image as well, layering the pieces together. 



After gluing down my matted, stamped nymph, I used a tacky glue to adhere a lollipop on the inside left side of my card and some vellum words that I had in my stash on the right hand side.  Here's what the completed inside of the card looks like.


For the front of the card, I stamped "Just for You" (also in the Flora stamp set) on a small tag and matted it.  I then hole-punched the end of the tag and flower, adding an eyelet to attach the flower to the tag.  Lastly, I found a piece of fiber that matched the card, threaded it through the four holes and tag, and tied it in a bow.  This gives the card a little bit of an interactive feature, much like opening a present.


Do you like to add goodies to your cards or projects?  We'd love to see some if you have!  You can share them with on our Facebook page.  

Enjoy your day!

Denise

10 comments:

tndj said...

Great card. I have to find those stamps. They are cute.

Alice said...

so cute! and it looks really easy (since you explained it :) i'd never figure it out otherwise)

Joan V said...

What a great idea. I usually just do little folders for tea bags, but this is great. Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl said...

How adorable and what a great idea!!

Kathy said...

Denise, this is awesome, what a great project!! I am going to make some of these for the kiddos, thank you for the great tutorial!!
Hugs Kathy

KYCrafter said...

Love it!! Love that there's a treat inside too! Great idea!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

What a fun design! Love the closure

Cathy said...

I love your goodies card!!
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Trena in Naperville said...

Beautiful card and idea Denise!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

{Chrissie} said...

This is so pretty! I love both the outside and the inside!!!!!!!!