Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Love You!

Hi my friends!  How is your Tuesday going?  I hope it is a beautiful day wherever you are sitting reading this post from me today.  I'm in sunny Las Vegas so I'm pretty sure we are going to be getting into the upper 90s today.  That's normal for September right?!  lol 



How about a holiday card to cool you down or warm your heart or both?  I am just so in love with these new Strawberry Kisses stamps from artist, Sally Hunter.  I colored 4 of them tonight so expect to see more in the immediate future!! lol

The ones I used on my project are from the Love You stamp set.  I just think this little kitty is absolutely precious!!!!  Don't you?  I stamped out and colored the image with my Spectrum Noir markers.  Do you love to color as much as I do?  It really just relaxes me especially when I'm using these Spectrum Noir markers because they just color so effortlessly!!  It is just such a pleasure!!

Just center the punch between the two corners. TOP TIP - Keep your paper a little bit longer until after you punch the end off, then trim it.  That will give you something to hold on to!!  It can get a bit difficult otherwise.

This is what it should look like.  (please ignore my ink covered fingers! lol)

Finally the finished banner.


After I finished coloring, I just pulled out some complementary papers and layered them under my trimmed image.  I added a bit of ribbon and Stickles.  I wanted to have a little banner on my card so I cut out little rectangles of paper and then took my square punch and trimmed the end to make the two points.  So quick and easy.  I added the banner with double sided adhesive foam squares for dimension.
Not quite dry but you get the idea.


I also stamped and colored my sentiment then layered it on card stock.  A little Crystal Stickles added onto the words for sparkle and then I adhered it to the card.   Since I already had the Stickles out I figured that the hat needed to shine so I put some on there too.  To finish I added a couple of pins. 

It came together so quickly.  I think I will get busy on the other images I have colored so I will talk to you later.  Thanks for looking today.  Until next time...happy scrapping.

Stacy

9 comments:

tndj said...

What a sweet little card. Never thought of making banners that way. Going to see if I can make them look as good as yours. TFS

Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness is this ever CUTE??? Thanks for the tip on making a banner!!! I have a square punch and will be trying this!!

Kathy said...

Oh Stacy, this is awesome, that little kitty is adorable!! Thank you for the tutorial.Love the banner. Excellent card!!

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
thank for the idea to make banners
i've that punch, so thats easy
i just love your card sweetie
hugs angelique

Debbie said...

Oh wow! Totally awesome, that banner is amazing you clever thing!!
Debbie x

Cathy said...

Beautifully made card, the image is adorable.
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

KYCrafter said...

Love this!! I like seeing the hat in an alternate color too!

Dorina D said...

Cute card, but I love the tip on making the banner from squares. Cool idea. TFS

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I am in WI with 40's right now, we are having a cold front.
This is adorable and I love the banner.