Saturday, September 22, 2012

Marigold Fairy


Hi everyone - welcome to Saturday!  I've been making tons of holiday cards lately, and today I wanted to go in a different direction and create something more Autumn-themed.  I really love fairies, and this darling Marigold stamp set from the Flower Fairy line at Crafter's Companion (USA and UK) was sort of perfect!



I started by stamping my image in Ultra Smooth White card stock, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used die cut clouds to create the background sky.  Starting at the bottom of the card stock panel, place your die on top of the panel.  Start on the die, and sponge distress ink (on this card, I used Antique Linen) outwards, on to the panel.  Move the die around, and continue the process, working your way towards the top.

I colored it with my Spectrum Noir markers.   I chose a variety of Pale Hues, Yellows and Greens, and filled in with colors from the LightsBrights and the Pastels collections.  A bit of bling and some ribbon finished off my card!

There's still time to play along with the Crafter's Companion USA Challenge this month - it's all about dots & stripes!   You can win a $30 gift certificate to the store, so be sure to head over for details.

Supplies: 
Stamps: Marigold (Crafter's Companion)
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip (SU); White (Crafter's Companion)
Patterned Paper: Forever Fall (Bo Bunny)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Antique Linen (Ranger)
Coloring Medium: Spectrum Noir
Accessories: Bling (Zva Creative); Ribbon (May Arts)
Tools:Cloud Dies (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Pin It

8 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh how beautiful! Love the rich colors and wonderful image. Your coloring is always fabulous

Kathy said...

WOW!!! Stunning!! Awesome fall card, and I love anything fairy!!
Excellent job Taylor!!

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Beautiful card. I'll have to get around to working with this stamp set soon. Hugs, Velma

Stacy H-W said...

really pretty card

Cheryl said...

This is absolutely fabulous!!!

KYCrafter said...

Love those colors and coloring!!!

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Beautiful Card! I love the colors and the ribbon beautiful. I will have to check out May Arts ribbon. I truly love your card! TFS AJ-

{Chrissie} said...

I love the colors and those clouds are fantastic!!!!!!!!