Thursday, September 13, 2012

Seasons Greetings Card


Hello everyone!!  I made this week's card project with some of the new Sheena "A Little Bit Festive" images.   I used the Christmas Visitor set.  From that set, I used "Seasons Greetings", the bird, and the holly.


On a piece of Ultra Smooth Premium Card stock, I positioned the images to look as if the bird was standing on the holly.  I placed the sentiment to the left side.  I trimmed the card stock to 5" x 3 3/4".  I colored the bird and holly with my Spectrum Noir markers.  In addition to the markers, I used some colored  pencils to enhance the images.  Then I put 3-D Crystal Lacquer on the holly berries.  I also put some on just one side of the holly leaves.  Just a bit, just to give a bit of shiny feel to the leaves.

While the lacquer was drying, I cut card stock for the card base.  I cut a piece of duplex card stock (with metallic gold on one side and white on the other) to 8 1/2" x 4 1/4".  Yes, I know this looks backward, but I cut it this way on purpose.  I folded this in half so the fold would be on the 4 1/4" side.  I wanted to try something other than the regular top fold for these images.

I cut a strip of red card stock to 1" x 4 1/4".  I adhered it to the card with the Extra Strong Permanent tape.  I placed it approximately 1 1/4" to the right of the side fold.

Using the tape again, I taped a 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" piece of black card stock to the center of the card base.  I placed it right over top of the red scrap.

I attached the colored images piece, with the tape, to the center of the black card stock. Your card is done.

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.
Lisa

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Lisa, this is awesome!!Your coloring is beautiful!!The bird is stunning!!. Great job.

{Chrissie} said...

Wow, I LOVE the way you colored the bird - it's very realistic!

londoner said...

What colors did you use for the robin?

Cheryl said...

I love your sweet birdie card!!

KYCrafter said...

londoner ... I didn't keep track of the colors of Spectrum Noir that I used on the bird. Many times, I use so many colors, it's hard to explain how I use them and why.

Sorry I couldn't respond to you privately. Couldn't locate your email address.