Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Shhhhh Don't Tell...

Hello everyone!  Shhhhh don't tell anyone but I snuck into the backroom and stole a stamp from the soon to be released Toreads line of stamps!  I think you are going to be excited to see the little cutie pie nymph that I have to show you.  She is called Flora. 

 

What do you think?  Love her as much as I think you do?  I stamped her out onto Ultra Smooth Premium White Card stock for Alcohol Markers which is the best paper I have found for my Spectrum Noir markers.  Of course I colored her with my Spectrum Noir markers.  Then I fussy cut the colored image.  Here are the marker colors I used: LG1, LG2, LG3, LG5, FS1, FS2, FS3, FS5, FS8, PP2, PP6, LV1, LV2, LV3.

I thought that she would look cute sitting in the opening on the front of my card so I dug out my die cutting machine and some fun shaped dies.  First I grabbed one of my new Darice embossing folders -Flower Frenzy Background.  I put some green card stock in the folder and ran it through the machine and embossed the paper.  These embossing folders give such a deep, clear embossed image!   Love them!

 

Next I layered the embossed green card stock onto some pink patterned paper.  I used a die to cut a shape through both pieces of paper.  Then I took the die I used and the next larger size die and cut out the purple "mat" for the opening.  I used the larger die to also cut out a coordinating piece of patterned paper for the inside of the card that shows through the hole.


 

I wanted it to look like she was holding this birthday banner so I stamped out Happy Birthday onto the pink patterned paper and layered it onto the green card stock. Then I trimmed the ends to make it look like a banner. (I showed this technique on a previous post HERE.) I adhered it to the card with double sided adhesive foam squares.  The patterned paper I used came with a sticker sheet of flowers.  I layered several of them and used some of the same dimensional foam squares to pop up parts of them.  I topped them with a button and a couple of gems that I colored with my Spectrum Noir markers for that perfect custom color look.  I finished by adding a sentiment from the Flora stamp set to the inside of the card and giving things a little sparkle with Stardust Stickles.  

Now remember...keep this between you and me.  (lol)  Thanks for stopping by and looking today.  Until next time...happy scrapping!!! 

Stacy

9 comments:

Scrappin with the bug said...

Too cute. Love the cute little "sneak" peak. What a cutie love the card and colors.

tndj said...

she is so cute. I want her. She would be perfect for my Birthday cards for next year.

Cheryl said...

I love how you colored her and also how you put your background together!

Lisa's Scrap Site said...

That is so cute,great job sneaking.

Joan V said...

ssshhhhh. just between us, she is adorable. thanks for sneaking into the backroom.

Kathy said...

Stacy, she is so cute!! love all the bright colors and the flowers, super job!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Adorable!! Great colors!

KYCrafter said...

Love this!!!

{Chrissie} said...

I love, love, love the bright and fun colors - she is just too cute!