Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thinking of You Card


This card starts with a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of yellow card stock. I folded it in half giving this card a top fold.  Next, I cut a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of speckled card stock.  This is such fun paper I just had to use it!!  I attached it with Extra Strong Permanent tape to the center of the yellow card base. 

On a scrap of Ultra Smooth Premium Card stock, I placed the Comge image from the soon to be released Toreads stamp collection. I colored her with Spectrum Noir markers. Then, I cut out the girl leaving a tiny edge of white around her.  I punched a 3 1/2" scalloped oval from green embossed card stock and I attached it with the Permanent tape, about 1/2" from the left edge of the speckled card stock.

I made flowers from punched and shaped pieces of card stock. I placed them around the left edge of the oval. I used Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue to attach them.  I put the phrase "thinking of you" in top right corner of speckled card stock to add balance.  I placed the Comge image onto the front of the card using Double-sided adhesive foam. I had fun putting a flower on each of her ponytails. It was easy to attach the flowers with some liquid glue.

Hope you like this card.   Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.
 
Lisa

5 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Love the blonde headed cutie!

Joan V said...

Love the pigtails. :)

Cheryl said...

How cute is this???

Kathy said...

Super cute!! Love all the flowers.
Great job!!

{Chrissie} said...

This is darling - great coloring and those punched flowers add the perfect touch!