Saturday, September 29, 2012

Time in Paris


I really love my Spectrum Noir markers, and I love to color.  But sometimes, I just want to play with other coloring mediums.  On this card, I inked up the lovely Time in Paris stamp set from the Stamp-It Australia line at Crafter's Companion USA.

I really wanted my card to have a soft, more vintage feel.  So I stamped my image onto kraft card stock using Versamark ink, and then used I Kan'Dee Pearlescent Shimmer Chalks to add color.

This technique is really fun and easy to do.  Here's a step by step look at how I created this:
  • Using my Clever Cut paper trimmer, I cut the pieces to the size I wanted and rounded the corners (you've got to love a paper trimmer with a built-in corner rounder!)
  • I then added distress inks with a foam applicator to all of the card stock and patterned papers; I added ink directly to the edges from the ink pad itself as well
  • I stamped my image in Versamark ink, and then added colors using the tool included with the pearlescent chalks

It's a little hard to tell in my picture, but the chalk really shimmers, and look lovely when you're holding it in your hands.  I added just a bit of sparkly twine to finish this off this card. Now to decide who to send it to!

If you've never tried the Versamark ink and chalk technique, I encourage you to give it a shot - you can create really gorgeous projects.  Or you could use a solid stamp (like Ornate Snowflakes) to create a subtle border around the edge of your image panel.  The possibilities are endless - happy stamping!

Supplies: 
Stamps: Time in Paris (Crafter's Companion)
Card Stock: Kraft (Neenah)
Patterned Paper: Evangeline (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko); Brushed Corduroy, Tea Dye (Ranger)
Coloring Medium: Pearlescent Shimmer Chalk (I Kan'Dee)
Accessories: Shine Gold Twine (Maya Road)
Tools:Clever Cut Paper Trimmer (for rounding corners)
Pin It

6 comments:

Aliya said...

Beautiful card! I love using chalks. It's been a while since I've used mine too. Maybe I need to find a way to use them this weekend. :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I love to play with all mediums also, this is a great design sweetie
Thanks for sharing

KYCrafter said...

I love all sorts of coloring also. LOVE this project!

Cheryl said...

This is absolutely stunning, Taylor!!

Kathy said...

Awesome vintage!!! Beautiful job!!

{Chrissie} said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I love this card. LOVE.