Saturday, October 13, 2012

Chalk Snowflakes


I got my chalks out again to create soft winter card, using a Sheena Douglass stamp set called Ornate Snowflakes.  It's from her A Little Bit Scenic line of stamp sets.

I started by cutting all of my card stock panels to size with my Clever Cut 5-in-1 tool.  Then I added both Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy distress inks to all of the edges with a foam blender.


On the larger panel, I stamped the snowflake flourish in Memento Desert Sand ink.  Next I stamped random snowflakes in Versamark ink.  I applied chalks from the I Kan'Dee Earth Tones collection directly over the stamped images, until I achieved the coverage I wanted.

I stamped the sentiment in Memento Bamboo Leaves ink, and repeated same process with the chalks.

I finished the whole thing up with some ribbon!  I shared another card with this technique recently; if you've never used your chalks this way you should give it a try!

Supplies: 
Stamps: Ornate Snowflakes (Crafter's Companion)
Card Stock: Brown; Cream 
Patterned Paper: Graphic 45
Ink: Versamrk,  Memento Desert Sand, Memento Bamboo Leaves (Tsukineko); Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy (Ranger)
Coloring Medium: Earth Tones Chalks
Accessories: Ribbon 

8 comments:

tndj said...

really pretty and love the way the colors blend. Great card.

Cheryl said...

This is SO beautiful!! You've definitely given me some ideas! Thanks for the inspiration.

Kathy said...

WOW!! Beautiful card... using the chalk makes the card look so soft and elegant! Excellent job Taylor!!

Tonya said...

This is so beautiful!

KYCrafter said...

Taylor - everything you do is beautiful!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Really love the chalk and colors and great layering of papers.

Sandi said...

WOW what a B-E-A-U-tiful card I love it

{Chrissie} said...

Absolutely beautiful Taylor.