Thursday, October 11, 2012

Christmas Fun Mini Album

Good morning crafters!  Today I have a cute and inexpensive mini album to share with you.  This is a great way to capture your favorite Christmas memories quickly and easily. Like most people, we are fairly crazed in November and December, and not too much scrapping goes on.  Bearing this in mind, I decided to create a small mini album that would not need a ton of embellishing.


I started by painting both sides of two 4 x 6 pieces of bare chipboard and sprinkling a tiny bit of glitter into it as it dried.  I only painted the outside of the album since I would be covering the centers with paper.


While the paint was drying, I cut out multiple 3 7/8 x 5 7/8 inch double sided patterned paper.  I covered both sides of the chipboard with paper and then punched three holes in the chipboard and remaining paper, making sure to line them up.  One way to be sure everything is straight, is to punch holes in only one of the pieces and then use it as a guide for the remaining ones.  Make sure to use pencil, so you can erase any stray markings.  


For the cover of my album, I chose Sheena Douglass' Paint Fusion Christmas Tree stamp set.  I stamped the tree twice onto Premium White Cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black.  I colored my trees using the Spectrum Noir Greens six pack of markers.  On the 2nd tree I only shaded the edges of the tree, as the inside of it wasn't going to be seen.


After cutting out the two trees, I layered my first tree right on top of the second, using Double Sided Adhesive Foam Squares.  By doing this, I added a more three dimensional look to the tree.  I used few small brown pearls for ornaments. I also stamped and cut out the words, "Christmas Fun" from the Humphrey Feed the Birds stamp set and adhered it onto a small strip of paper.


Once I glued down the Christmas tree and title of my album, I bound the album using three 1" loose leaf rings and tied matching ribbons to them.   Now I'm all ready to add my pictures to it!


Do you create mini albums for special holidays?  If so, what kind?  Do you include all your pictures of the year's festivities or only your favorite one each year?

Have a wonderful day!

Denise

7 comments:

Crafty Aunt Dee said...

Very cute. Love the tree stamp. Excellent tutorial for making the album. Thanks

Kathy said...

How fun!!!Love how you did the tree, Excellent!!Great colors also! Thank you for the tutorial.

Jan Garber said...

Terrific mini! Love your trees!

Rebecca Wagner said...

WOW! That tree has so much dimension, I thought it was a multi-layered die cut at first. Such an awesome job coloring!

{Chrissie} said...

I am in love with that tree. Fantastic idea.

Cheryl said...

This is absolutely adorable!! I love how you made the tree!!

KYCrafter said...

That is a great little album!!