Saturday, October 20, 2012

Embossed Top Box

Hello Crafters:0)  Saturday has come around again and that means you get to hear from Me(Janette).

Today I am here to share a project that does not have any coloring in it ***gasp***; in fact; it doesn't even have an image **double gasp**! I have made this cute little box for a crafty friend. SO Maria if your are seeing this TURN AWAY NOW!! LOL:0) I was hoping to have given it to her before posting but really doubt that will happen. Well at least the goodies inside can be a mystery:0)

I have made this box using The Ultimate Tool to score but the real magic in this box is the beautifully embossed top. I have used one of the new 8x8 embossing folders Regency Damask.

 Here is a closer look at my decorated top.
 And a bit of slanted view. The lace band has some elastic on it so it can easily get fulled off so that the top can come off and the decorated top can stay in place.
 Here is a closer look at the embossed detail. I have sanded down the paper so that the detail can be a bit more noticeable and then I have coated it with Glimmer Glaze for a couple of reasons. 1. To make the paper a bit more sturdy; 2. To make it prettier:0)
Hope you liked my creation today; have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs;
Janette

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh my word, is this ever breathtakingly beautiful!!

Trena in Naperville said...

This is lovely Janette!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

KYCrafter said...

That is such a cool box!!! It wouldn't matter if there was anything in it or not! The box in itself could be the present.