Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fairyopolis Fun

Welcome to the Crafter's Companion blog!  Stacy here and I have a sweet little card to share.  I really love the Fairyopolis collection that we have in the Crafter's Companion online store.  Quite awhile ago I was given the Fairyopolis Card making Kit.  It was filled with really just so many goodies that I have been using them and using them and I still have quite a few left.  When I want to make a quick card that is still really special I find myself going and grabbing these goodies.

For this card I pulled out a card base that came in the kit and rounded the corners on two sides.  I grabbed some of the rubon's and rubbed on a border at the top and bottom and then added some random leaves falling down the card.  The fairy is a sticker that I layered onto paper from my 12" x 12" Fairyopolis paper pack.


I wanted to add some sparkly gold ribbon to my card but there was that silly fold in the way so I took out my sharp cutting tool and cut a slit on the fold that was just a little larger that the width of the ribbon.  Then I could easily slip the ribbon through and knot it on the front of the card. 

 (Here is where I cut)

(See how easily the ribbon slips through?)

To finish my card I used some alpha stickers from my stash to spell out the sentiment.  Sometimes it is nice to be able to put together a card super quickly.   I have already popped this one in the mail to a friend!  I appreciate you stopping by today and looking.  Until next time...happy scrapping!


6 comments:

Trena in Naperville said...

Very cute Stacy!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Kathy said...

Wonderful card Stacy!! love the fall colors, great job!!

{Chrissie} said...

This is so elegant! Very pretty card!

Cheryl said...

Just beautiful Stacy! I love how you added the ribbon!!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh how fabulous! I just love these adorable images.

KYCrafter said...

Very nice!!!