Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Feeding The Birds

                  Hello 
I am here to share  my weekly post at Crafter's Companion Blog.
I had so much fun making this project, and I hope you enjoy my quick tutorial.
 I started with a pretty frame and old picture I picked up at a second hand store for $1.00.I removed the picture and went to work altering the frame.

 I used a few products to  alter and crackle first. After allowing these to dry (o.k I will admit I sped it up with my embossing gun)  then added a soft blue paint I mixed with an acrylic glaze to make it more translucent.I LOVE how this turned out!
 So while my frame was drying I got to work coloring this adorable winter image Humphrey Xmas EZMount Stamp Set - Feed the Birds 
I started with my favorite Reds Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers - Reds.
 I moved on to Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers - Blues to color
the blue birds of happiness. I used some of the best papers for coloring Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers.
I colored this cutie with some soft greys Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers - Cool Greys. and knew these would be perfect.
Now I matted the image and used some wonderful lace to accent the picture before placing in the frame. I used a sentiment from another Humphrey set that seemed to work better for what I wanted  this frame to say.I matted the stamped sentiment and attached to wrinkled seam binding with bakers twine.
Here is a close up of the lace I used to accent that adorable image...don't these Spectrum Noir markers blend well with the acrylic paint I used.
Just a few flowers and leaves and beautiful Want 2 Scrap bling on the inside to make the image pop!
So glad I got to share this sweet framed image, sometimes I need to alter and use my stamps for fun projects.

post signature

7 comments:

Trena in Naperville said...

What a lovely piece of art! Great tutorial Dawn! Thanks for sharing!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Rebecca Wagner said...

This is too lovely!!!

Kathy said...

Excellent Frame, what a great piece of art to put on the wall at Christmas time...

Cheryl said...

All I can say is "WOW"!!! I absolutely love this, Dawn! The blue frame is such a beautiful contrast with the bright colors on the image!!

{Chrissie} said...

I love it Dawn! What a great piece!

{Chrissie} said...

I love it Dawn! What a great piece!

KYCrafter said...

I am going to have to go find me some $1 art to do this with!!