Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Happy Birthday from Sky

Happy Tuesday!  Stacy here with a smile on my face and a happy little card to share.  It is hard not to smile when I look at these new Toread stamps that will be launching this week.  They are just the sweetest little nymphs. 
For my project today I chose my favorite nymph, Sky.  I've made Sky a girl today because I am making a birthday card for a very special girl.  It was easy enough to add a little some pretty little eyelashes with my black fine line marker and bling out "her" necklace with some Crystal Stickles.

But lets start at the beginning, I stamped the image onto my paper.  Yes, you know the one...the Ultra Smooth Premium White Card stock for Alcohol Markers.  This is the best I've found to use with my Spectrum Noir markers.  And yes...I, of course, colored my stamped image with my awesome, totally fabulous, reasonably priced Spectrum Noir alcohol markers!!!  LOL  (you didn't already know that did you?! ha)  The Spectrum Noir markers I used on this project were TN2, TN4, TN7, FS1, FS3, CR1, BT1, IB1, IB2, IB3.
 

After coloring my image, I cut her out with a die and inked the edges.  I pulled some complementary  papers from my stash and took the new Regal Corner embossing folder from the Die'sire Embossalicious collection and embossed a piece of card stock.  I grabbed my Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad in Vintage Photo and inked all around the card stock making sure to go over the embossed image to make it stand out.  This really give nice texture to the piece.  Be sure when you do this you start inking off the paper on your craft mat, this will make sure you have even blending and no big smudges. 
 

After doing this I layered some of the other pieces of cut patterned paper onto a card base that I cut from card stock.  I wrapped some blue bakers twine around one of the pieces of paper before I layered it.


For my sentiment, I turned to my old faithful Fairyopolis Card Making Kit which really just never seems to run out of goodies to use.  I took a rubon sentiment and rubbed it onto a banner sticker from the kit.  I pulled out some double sided adhesive squares to use to adhere it to the card for dimension.  And while I had it out, I realized that those delicate little butterfly rubon's were calling to be added too.  Finally I added the die cut and colored image to the card.  Voila!  A special little card for a special little girl. 

I hope you enjoyed my card and that you come back again tomorrow for another fun project from our design team.  And if you need a little inspiration to get you started, pop over to our Challenge blog and join in on the new October Challenge.  They are giving away two of the 6 pen Spectrum Noir marker sets to the winner this month!  I think that would inspire me!! lol

Until next time...happy scrapping!

8 comments:

Trena in Naperville said...

Love your design Stacy!! It says whimsical! As usual, your coloring is perfect - sooooo cute!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Angela Crafty Spot said...

Very cute card!!
Angela

Kathy said...

Awww, I think the card is adorable!! Love the colors and the coloring is beautiful, Great job!!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I really love the colors on this beauty also, really brings this cutie to life

Michelle H. said...

Beautiul card and such an adorable stamp!!
Love the coloring!!

KYCrafter said...

What a great card!!

Cheryl said...

This is just precious, Stacy!!

{Chrissie} said...

Wow, your coloring is just fantastic! And that embossing folder totally rocks! Awesome card!