Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Holiday Cards

Welcome to Tuesday with Stacy!  I've really started to get down to business with making my Christmas cards.  Have you?  If you haven't you are missing out on so much scrappy fun!  There are so many great new holiday stamps available in the Crafter's Companion store.  I pulled out three sets this week (yes, I said 3! lol) and stamped out my main image from the Strawberry Kisses - Cuteness stamp set.  This darling little dog was just calling my name!! lol  And he was so much fun to color!!


(Here is my card sitting next to some Christmas trees I made last winter.  If you are interested in learning how to make the trees you can check out the tutorial on MY BLOG)

I stamped it onto the Ultra Smooth Premium White Card stock for Alcohol Markers with my Tuxedo Black Momento ink.  This ink is perfect to use when you are coloring with alcohol markers because it doesn't smear when you color on it.  And the Crafter's Companions Ultra Smooth card stock really just works so nicely with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I can really get great blending on this paper. 


So, I colored my image with my Spectrum Noir markers and added a little Crystal stickles to the dog tag for some sparkle.  Then I used the Angel Wings & Fancy Things Embossing Board and embossed the larger bell around my colored image.  Then I fussy cut it out.  Here are the markers I used to color all of my images.


Next I stamped out the holly from the Sheena's A Little Bit Festive - Christmas Visitors stamp set.  After coloring the image, I fussy cut it out and trimmed off part of it. Fussy cutting for those who aren't familiar is when you take your nice sharp detail scissors and cut around the image closely.  I adhered it to the top of my bell and then added some Crystal Stickles to the berries.

Finally it was time to put the card together.  I layered some complementary papers from my stash on to a card base I made out these same papers.  Then I added a bit of ribbon to the top of my bell and some double sided adhesive squares to the back.  I put the colored image on my layered papers, and used a black pen to add a bit of faux stitching around the card.  To finish things up I stamped my sentiment from the Mulberry Wood - Sent with Love stamp set directly onto my card base and added a couple of green gems. 

I think it turned out super cute and I hope you enjoyed looking at it today.  Until next time...happy scrapping!

7 comments:

Joan V said...

What a cute card. I love that you used bits and pieces from sets to come up with this card. Thanks for sharing.

tndj said...

what is fussy cutting? cute card

Trena in Naperville said...

I think it's super cute to Stacy! Great idea for a Christmas card!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Such a cute card sweetie-fun design!

KYCrafter said...

Love this card!!

Cheryl said...

This is SO adorable, Stacy! I LOVE the cute image you used!!

Kathy said...

Awesome card Sweetie!!