Monday, October 8, 2012

Paintbox Poppets Tag

Hello and happy Monday!  Cheryl here to share another Christmas tag, using two of the adorable Paintbox Poppet Winter Collection stamp sets.


The image I used is from the Winter Pastime stamp set and can be found in the store here.  The sentiment is from the Little Miss stamp set.  I  colored the image with my Spectrum Noir markers and used white glitter glue and glitter to make the "snow", the snowman and the "fur" on the little boy's muffler.  After my image was dry, I fussy cut it out and glued it down to my tag.  I added a big Christmas bow to the top.

Here are the colors I used:


I used an embossing folder on a piece of red patterned paper and attached that to a basic manilla tag.  We now have embossing folders in the store!  The folder I used for my tag was the Plaid Patterned Background folder and can be found here.  Here's a close-up photograph of the beautiful embossing:


I'm absolutely in love with embossing!!  It changes the ordinary into the extraordinary!  I also added some white lace to the bottom of my tag.  The sentiment is outlined with red ink and attached with Double Sided Adhesive Foam Circles.

The last time I posted a tag, I reminded you to add something to tie the tag on with.  I got a few positive comments about this, so again, don't forget to add some baker's twine or some narrow ribbon.  I always put the "tie" on before I even start on the rest of my tag.  I got some "cherry and white" baker's twice just for my Christmas tags.


Here's a photograph of my finished tag again:



Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful week and happy crafting!!

~ Cheryl ~

5 comments:

Trena in Naperville said...

So cute Cheryl! Love how you made them pop.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

KYCrafter said...

That is an excellent tag!! Great work!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is adorable as can be, love the lace and use of twine.

Kathy said...

Beautiful tag!! love the colors, and the lace makes it!!!

{Chrissie} said...

Great coloring and I love the texture in the background!