Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Strawberry Kisses Cocoa Gift Bag

Welcome to the Crafter's Companion blog!  Stacy here on this bright and sunny Tuesday with a fun gift bag to share with you.   I am always needing gifts for teachers and with 5 kids that can really add up.  I try to find gift ideas that aren't super expensive but are still special. To me Fall just screams "cocoa" so I make up a cocoa mix to giveaway.  When I saw the Strawberry Kisses Together Forever stamp set, I just knew it would be perfect for a gift bag full of cocoa.

 
To start, I got out a lunch bag because really why spend a lot when you can get a pile of these babies for a nice price?  Then I pulled out some card stock and some complementary patterned paper. I stamped my image and colored it with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  The colors I used were:  TN1, TN2, TN3, TN4, TN7, LV1, LV2, LV3, IG1, IG2, EB5, EB6, GB1, BT1, PP6, BT1.

I layered the image onto some card stock, then I added a ribbon tab and some pearls colored with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I love that you can color customize things so easily with these awesome markers!! 

I used a Martha Stewart punch for my bag topper.  I edge punched both sides of a piece of white card stock and then folded it in half and punched two holes through the topper and the bag at the same time.   I stamped out the cup of cocoa and colored it.  And I added it to the bag topper with a brad.
 
Now I just need to add the bag of cocoa and send it off to a teacher!  I hope you enjoyed seeing this sweet stamp as much as I had coloring it.  Thanks for stopping by and looking.  Until next time...happy scrapping!!!

7 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

What a yummy gift idea! Love hot cocoa and this couple are perfect to remind me.

Cheryl said...

How adorable and what a perfect gift idea!!

Trena in Naperville said...

What a sweet, sweet card and idea Stacy!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

KYCrafter said...

This is such a great idea!! What a great thing to make when you need something for your Sunday School class or as an extra little something on top of a present.

Joan V said...

What a gorgeous gift bag. I love your topper, too. What a great idea to make bags with cocoa or other treats. I love having little goodie bags ready for unexpected guests or when I go to someone's house. Filing this under a RAK file. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy said...

Wonderful idea!! love the color, purple is my fav. and your coloring is so beautiful!! I may send this to jennifer so her and Hayden can make this for his teacher, Thank you so much, Excellent job!!

{Chrissie} said...

This is just so pretty! Your coloring is fantastic!