Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Perfect Embossed Background

Good morning crafters.  Today I have a gorgeous new Die'sire embossing folder to share with you.  I am so in love with these embossing folders because they allow you to customize your projects.  I also think they add such a sophisticated and professional look too.  Not only do they have many 6" x 6" inch sized folders to choose from, they also carry larger 8" x 8" sized embossing folders, as well.  These are great for embossing 5x7 cards, as well as larger boxes or scrapbook pages.

For my card today, I used the Die'sire 8X8 Flower Power Embossing Folder.  Isn't the floral design lovely?

To alter my newly embossed paper, I gently chalked over the design, using a sponge-like applicator.  The key to chalking embossed backgrounds is to slowly add your chalk, until you achieve the color you want.  Because the designs are raised, it picks up the chalk easily and a little bit of chalk goes a long way.  If you don't have any chalk, you could also add distress inks or mist your paper as well.

For the center of my card, I chose this darling Toread Comge stamp.   The new Toread collection is be available for purchase today! I colored her using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  (Skin: FS2, FS3, FS6; Hair: TN3, TN4, TN5; Eyes: TB3; Dress: DG2, DG4; ponytails: LV2, LV3)


To give my card a little sparkle, I added rhinestones randomly in the centers of the flowers on my embossed paper, as well as some paper flowers under my little nymph.  


I didn't add too many embellishments to my card.  The embossed flower pattern of Die'sire 8X8 Flower Power Embossing Folder is just too pretty to cover up.


Have you used the new Die'sire embossing folders?  If so we'd love to have you share it with us on our Facebook page.

Have a crafty day!

Denise



8 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Super douper cute!! Love that embossing folder and how you blinged out your embossed paper.

Kathy said...

I love the embossing folder,The rinestones make it pop!! Beautiful coloring on the little cutie stamp. Wonderful job!! Thank you Denise

Cheryl said...

I just LOVE how you used the embossing folder for your background!! Adorable card!

Debbie said...

OMG this is superb!!! I have everything to make this, Whoo Hoo!!!!
Debbie x

Dawn's Craft Place said...

LOVE IT!!!
Aren't these embossing folders the best?
I am loving the sizes
Great design

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Looks great...love that folder!

KYCrafter said...

Love it!! Your embossing showed up so well!! Great job!

{Chrissie} said...

I love the embossed background! And your little imp is just fantastic!