Sunday, October 14, 2012

Watercolored Ivy

Today I'd like to share with you a card made with Sheena Douglass' Paint Fusion "Ivy" set.


I started by heat embossing the ivy spray in black on to confetti cream card stock.  Then, I heat embossed two extra large leaves and two extra small leaves.

To color, I misted the leaves very lightly with water, and then applied ink with a watercolor brush.  I kept the palette mainly to autumnal tones of oranges, rusts, and red.  When dry, I cut out the extra leaves.  I used gold Smooch to add some shiny highlights.  Once colored, I think the leaves look like autumn maple leaves, not ivy.  I love versatility like that in a set!

The greeting is from another great set from Sheena, "Milestones and Moments".  I used a circle die cut to cut the greeting, dry emboss it, and layer it on to a larger black circle.  This was then glued to the card front to the right of the ivy spray.  I then layered this on to a rust mat, and then on to a cream A2 top-folded card base.

The final touch was positioning the extra cut out leaves with dimensionals.  Be sure to overlap the leaves on to the greeting circle for cohesion.  I am really pleased with how it turned out; it was fairly quick and easy; and it's the perfect autumn card for any number of occasions.  You could easily use the same layout, and simply change the greeting and the color of the leaves for any occassion.

Marge Dady

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Marge!!

Joan V said...

Lovely card. Autumn has definitely arrived and this card shows so much autumn beauty. thanks for sharing.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh i love love love those leaves!! just beautiful!!

KYCrafter said...

Those leaves look like the ones in my back yard!!

Kathy said...

I agree so real, wonderful job!!

{Chrissie} said...

Wow, Marge! This is one of my favorites EVER. Those leaves make the card so incredibly beautiful. I love this.