Thursday, October 25, 2012

You're My Number One

Good morning crafters!  Today I am sharing a frame that I made for my son, using the new Mulberry Wood Champion stamp set and a $1 frame I bought at a craft store.  This is an easy project to make, but one that the little athlete in your life will love.


I started with this plain wood frame.


I painted the wood frame with a coat of blue acrylic paint.   Acrylic paint dries very quickly on wood, so you won't have to wait very long for it to dry.


Next I added four pieces of ribbon, one for each side of the frame.  


I used a tacky glue to adhere the ribbon in the back of the frame and then added my photo.


I colored my image from the new Mulberry Wood Champion stamp set with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, using colors that coordinated with my photo.  (Colors show below.)   I also stamped the matching sentiment, "You're my Number One" from the stamp set.  This darling stamp doesn't show a specific sport in it, so it will work for all kinds of sports pictures.   

Spectrum Noir colors used: IG2, IG4, IG5, IG6, IG10, TN2, TN3, CG1, CG2, TB2, TB4, TB5

Once I glued down my stamped image and sentiment, I was all done.   Though this afternoon project was an easy and quick one, my son was absolutely thrilled with it!  


Do you like to make personalized frames for loved ones and friends?  We'd love to see you give it a shot and share it with us on our Facebook page.

Have a fabulous Thursday!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love this!! It's fun to see stamps used in different ways!!

KYCrafter said...

That image is perfect for that frame and photo!! Great work!!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh how fun Denise!Bet he loves this

Kathy said...

This frame is awesome, great job!! Great pic!!

Stacy H-W said...

I love this frame Denise! I bet Nick loved it too!!