Friday, November 23, 2012

A Colorful Poinsettia



Hello Beautiful Crafter's Companion friends!  If you've been reading my posts, you know that I love different Spectrum Noir techniques.  In this post, I'm sharing a tutorial on how to use Spectrum Noir ink refills to create a quick greeting card that you can easily mass produce for your Christmas list.

To start with, I chose CR4, CR8, DR3 for the colors of the poinsettia. Next,  I liberally spritzed a piece of semi glossy cardstock with 91% rubbing alcohol then dropped in color.

The ink refills come with dropper caps which makes this technique so easy. I blew the color around with a straw until I was happy with it.

NOTE: If it dries before you are happy with it, spritz with alcohol again. I set it aside to dry completely.


I then stamped the Stamp-It Holiday Collection EZMount Stamp - Poinsettia image three times with a metallic gold ink pad, sprinkled gold embossing powder and heat set.  Usually, I use clear embossing powder with alcohol inks, but since the alcohol ink is already down, I can use anything on top that I find works for the results I want.

Be careful not to hold the heat gun on one area for too long.  Don't worry about any imperfections, you can layout your design to cover them.  I cut out each poinsettia and also embossed a full sheet of Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers with my eBosser for my background layer.


I like the ability to emboss a whole sheet - I can cut it into four A2 size layers, or use it for different size projects.  Click here to see the easy instructions by Jennie.

For the inside of the card, I used the Stamp-It Holiday Collection EZMount Stamp - Love Joy Peace sentiment.


Are you staying home today, instead of braving the Black Friday shopping crowds?   We've got a special surprise for you!


6 comments:

KYCrafter said...

Love the card and especially the technique! Thanks!

Marge said...

Gorgeous color on the poinsettias - and the gold embossing adds just the right sparkle!

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Stunning card. Love your technique. Hugs, Velma

Cheryl said...

Love your card, Trena! Thanks for the wonderful tutorial!!

Kathy said...

OMG Beautiful!!

tndj said...

what a beautiful card. love the colors. TFS