Monday, November 26, 2012

Birthday Wishes

Good morning, everyone!  I was so glad to be invited back to join the team once again since the Challenge Blog has gone global.  So excited to create with these fabulous ladies once again!

It seemed fitting to show off this adorable die cut and sentiment from the Morehead Luxury Card Collection as today is my oldest daughter's 13th birthday.  I made up this little treat box, adapted from the tealight holder card tutorial featured on The Ultimate Advanced Construction Techniques DVD along with my Ultimate Tool (which, by the way, I just couldn't live without!)

Instead of putting tealight candles in the box part of the card, I chose to use Cadbury chocolate treats.


The DVD walks you through the procedure for scoring the cardstock and building the box.  It is so very easy! 

After scoring and trimming box flaps, you affix a piece of acetate to the inside of the box, fold it up, and fill it with treats.  All that remains is decorating the card, and all of the elements I've used here come from the Morehead Luxury Card Collection were adhered with adhesive foam squares

I love how easy it is to create something that looks super adorable! Perfect card for my middle daughter, a dog lover, to give the birthday girl. 


The only thing I added was a pretty polka dot ribbon tied into a bow with the help of my Ultimate Tool.

I hope you all have a wonderful week, and don't forget to enter to win our giveaway, the ever adorable Humphrey - Snow Fun set (one of my holiday favorites!)


You only have until 6pm EST, so hurry and enter by clicking here!

Khristen

9 comments:

tndj said...

Love the card. Love that new stamp. Love butterflies so any stamp with butterflies I am sure to like. Sharing it with a dog makes it extra special. TFS

Amy Jones #8546 said...

This is so cute. I love the butterfly on his nose. How adorable.

Stacy H-W said...

Welcome back girl!! Love, love, love your project!! I find myself constantly using that DVD too!!

Trena in Naperville said...

Adorable and so creative Khristen!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Cheryl said...

This is absolutely adorable!!

KYCrafter said...

Great creation!! Great work!

sharon g said...

What a cute puppy. I like your coloring, too!

tiffany s. said...

Such a cute card, I love it! Thank you'

SAI Cool said...

I love the card best birthday wishes