Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Elegant One Layer Card

I want to share a fairly simple but elegant card with you.  I created a rainbow effect with the background stamp by inking it up with three different colors and blending them together.


Then I simply stamped the butterflies and dragonfly fly in black Memento ink.  I added a little bling and rounded the corners.  I distressed the edges just a little bit, too.


This is a simple, but effective card.  I so rarely create one layer cards, so this was a bit of a challenge for me.  I think the eye is drawn diagonally up the card because of that beautiful florish in the background.  All of these stamps are from Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic Flying Colors.

Thanks for stopping by today!








It's time to share the winner for the adorable Humphrey - Snow Fun set we gave away this weekend!



Congratulations to:


Send an email to Taylor (taylor@crafterscompanion.com); be sure to include your mailing address and the prize you won!

7 comments:

Amy Jones #8546 said...

Congratulations Amanda!!!Humphrey is so cute....

Amy Jones #8546 said...

This card is Beautiful. I love the butterflies and the colorful background. So pretty.

Joan V said...

What a pretty card. I just love the colorful flourish swirls. Sheena has some beautiful images to work with. Thanks for sharing.

tndj said...

Like the way you did the florish. Neat. Love butterflies. TFS

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful card!

Congratulations to our winner!

KYCrafter said...

Love the card! Great work as usual!

Kathy said...

Very elegant!!