Thursday, November 22, 2012

Flower Fairy All-Occasion card

Good morning crafters.  Flower Fairies are one of my favorite Crafter's Companion collections.  The sweet images are fabulous for sending a card to someone to let them know you are thinking about them.

Who doesn't love getting a card when you least expect it?


I started this quick and easy card by stamping the Flower Fairy Heliotrope main image onto a die cut shape.  I colored my fairy with the following Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  

Flowers:  CT1, CT2, CT4
Stem:  CG1, CG2
Skin:  FS2, FS3
Wings:  EB1, EB2
Hair:  IG5, IG6, IG8
Dress:  BT1, BT2, BT4


Once I was done coloring, I applied Platinum Stickles Glitter Glue to her wings.  Platinum Stickles has a beautiful mix of silver and gold glitter.  I also added green rhinestones around the image for a little extra sparkle.  

To create a three dimensional effect, I adhered the die cut to the base of the card with Double-Sided Adhesive Foam Squares.  Finally, I added a few flowers in each of the corners of the card.

I hope you enjoyed this post and are inspired to send a card to someone out of the blue.  If you do, we'd love for you to share it with us on our Facebook page.


From all of us here at Crafter's Companions - Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

KYCrafter said...

What a sweet card! You're right - a great all occasion card!

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful card! Love that you included which markers you used!

Joan V said...

Such a pretty card. I love Flower Fairies, too. thanks for sharing.