Saturday, November 10, 2012

Flowers on Wax

I am excited to share this project because it is one of those that have been in my mind for some time and am so glad I have finally gotten it out!

I have made a card and candle set. This is great for any occasions; Valentines, Birthday, Just Because, Anniversary, Teacher Gift... etc.


Here is a closeup of my candle with the sweet Humphrey-Flowers For You; I think he just might be my favorite!  I have colored him on white tissue paper with my Spectrum Noir Markers and then melted him onto the candle.

 A solo shot of the card:


 Here is a close-up of Humphrey from my card:


And lastly a comparison of the two images:


Here is a tip: When coloring on tissue  paper you must choose colors that are vibrant and a bit darker than what you want your end result to be.

There is not much room for blending, so no circle blending.  Simply lay down your shading and then add your base color.

Here is a list of some of my colors used on my candle and card.  Please note that I have tried to keep the images in the same tone so many of my colors have changed.

             Candle Colors                                                    Card Colors
Skin: BG3, BG2, BG1                                               BG2, BG1, Blender
Jeans: BT7, BT4                                                        BT5, BT2
Roses: DR3, CR6, PP3                                              DR1, CR4, PP1
Leafs: DG3, CG4                                                       DG3, CG4, *over with IG1

Thanks for stopping by; wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

Hugs;
Janette

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful idea to put your image on the candle. I love the candle AND your card!

Kathy said...

Jan That is AWESOME!!! both project are over the top, but I love the candle, Super Super Job!!
And your coloring is beautiful!

Stacy H-W said...

Love it!! I've been wanting to try this for awhile now. I think it is a really neat idea. And your's turned out wonderfully.

tndj said...

That is neat. I have to give that a try. Looks really good. TFS

KYCrafter said...

Nice!!! This would be a great Christmas present! Great work!