Thursday, November 8, 2012

Holiday Cupcake Box

Good morning crafters!  I have a holiday cupcake box to share with you, though you could also put homemade candies, cookies, or muffins in it as well.


To create my cupcake box, I used my Crafter's Companion's Boxer Board.  For the base of the box, I started with a 9 1/2 square inch piece of cardstock.

Using the Box Lid side of my Boxer Board, I scored at 3 inches on all four sides of the paper.   I then cut the middle two score lines on one side and then the same middle two lines on the opposite side of the paper.

You can see an example in the photo below.


To construct the box, you will need to use a strong glue, such as Red Liner Tape.  Glue the two side panels together and then fold up and glue the middle panel to them.


For the box top, you will start with a 5 1/2 inch square piece of card stock.  Using the Box Lid side again on your Boxer Board, score each side at 3/4 inch.

Cut a small notch out of each corner which will be folded to inside the lip of the box.  Before gluing the lid together, cut out a circle or shape of your choice in the center of the box lid.


On the inside of the box lid, adhere a piece of 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch acetate.


To decorate my box lid, I colored several holly leaves from Sheena Douglass' Paint Fusion Christmas Holly stamp set with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and cut out the images.

I used the colors EB5, EB8, CR2, CR9, DG2, and DG4.


After I cut out some of the holly leaves, I glued a few of them to the lid of my box.


To complete my cupcake box I added a few pearls around the circular cut out, as well as the sides of the lid.



Do you like to make cupcakes for the holidays?  What are your favorite kinds?  

Have a crafty day!

Denise

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow I love this project, what a great cup cake box or gift box, thank you for the tutorial, super job!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is Fabulous!!!

Cheryl said...

This is just wonderful!! What a fab gift idea!!!

KYCrafter said...

This is great!!! Wonderful job on showing how to make it!

{Chrissie} said...

OMG, I am in LOVE with this. That holly around the edges is stunning!

LaJanette said...

SUper awesome box! Love the added bling; accents the image so well:)

Jennie Black said...

wonderful post Denise!