Thursday, November 29, 2012

Let it Snow Card

For this quick card, I turned to the Mulberry Wood Classic Christmas Luxury Card Collection and some Silver Let it Snow Peel-Off Stickers from Crafter's Companion.


I selected one of the pop outs from the collection.  Then, I selected some coordinating card stock from my stash on hand. I chose red and pink for this particular image.  I started with a piece of 8" x 9 1/4" red card stock for my card base.  I folded it in half length-wise.  This card will fit into a business size envelope.

I placed the image on a 2 7/8" x 5 1/4" piece of pink card stock.

This was placed on  a 3" x 5 1/2" piece of red card 

The stack was attached to a 3 1/4" x 8 1/4" piece of a decorative card stock from the collection.

The stack was placed on top of the card base.  All of the layering was done using the Extra Strong Permanent Tape

I then started placing snowflakes from the sticker sheet to the top of the card.  Please refer to the card for placement suggestions.

Here's one trick I used ... at the top left corner of the card, I placed a large snowflake off the edge of the card.  I used scissors and cut it off.  It left about a part of the sticker with a corner cut out.  I turned the sticker upside down, and used it on the lower right-hand edge of one of the layers.  It makes it look as if the snowflake is under the layer.  I also used one of the "Let it snow" word sets from that sheet on the front of the card.

The Luxury Card Collection and Peel-Off Stickers will make many cards and still have parts left over for even more.  

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I just love this image and card!

Cathy said...

how sweet :)
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Joan V said...

Super cute card. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy said...

Great card! Love it.