Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Morehead Tags

We have so many birthdays in November and December, so I used this fun kit Morehead Cards and Decoupage kit to make a birthday tag.

Let me show you my tag and then I'll take you through the steps.


Before I started making my tag, I embossed some black cardstock using the 4.25" x 5.75" Darice Plaid Pattern Background embossing folder.


I used a large circle punch and punched out my tag.  This punch makes a circle that's 3 1/2" in diameter.


Before I started decorating my tag, I made a small hole at the top and tied a length of baker's twine in the hole.


Next, I attached the elements to my tag using Double Sided Adhesive Foam Circles.  I love these because they come in two different sizes and the small adhesive circles are small enough for even this little sentiment.


The last thing I did was add a pink bow to match the flower.  Here's another view of my tag.


Here's another tag I made, using the same steps above.


There are all different color combinations on these sweet images but I was drawn to the black and white puppies.  Just a note, I trimmed the ends of both of these sentiments so that they would fit in the space that I had.  They're actually a little bit longer than shown.

These tags were easy and fun to make and are all ready to attach to somebody's birthday gift.

4 comments:

Trena in Naperville said...

Cheryl, this is so darling!! What a create idea - the embossed circle.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Kathy said...

These are adorable! Great job Cheryl!

KYCrafter said...

Just love those tags!! I may have to borrow your idea to make tags for Christmas!!

Joan V said...

Ah, these tags are so darling. thanks for sharing