Sunday, November 18, 2012

Prickly Can Be Good!

Growing up, I had a huge love of animals.  That's probably what led to my love of the new S.W.A.L.K. stamp set, Prickly.


This new stamp is so cute!  All twelve stamp sets in the Pawfect Pals collection are animal-themed, and definitely worth seeing!


I colored up his hair, leaving some highlights for "Grandpa", and dressed him in his shiny red yard boots.  (In this photo, you can see the shine on his eyes and boots).  For this, I used 3D Crystal Lacquer.


I layered the card with some rustic weathered wood fence paper, and a touch of gingham ribbon for that country look.  

The Spectrum Noir markers I used this week are:

So, if you're a pet lover like most of us here at Crafter's Companion, set your sights on getting these adorable new stamps!

3 comments:

KYCrafter said...

Jan, great job!!! This is a wonderful card for the grandfather. Or, you could change the sentiment and use it for another masculine event. I have a hard time doing "manly" cards. Keep up the good work!

{Chrissie} said...

This is so cute! Great job!

Kathy said...

Jan, he is adorable, wonderful coloring, super job!