Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thank You Teacher

Good morning crafters!  I have a card to share that I made for my son's teacher.  Being a teacher is such an important job and I think it's important to take time to show my appreciation for all her hard work.


I created the beautiful wood look in my card by embossing Premium White Cardstock with Crafter's Companion's new Wood Grain Background Embossing Folder.  I used Vintage Photo and Tea Dye Distress Ink pads to create the warm brown color.


For the main image, I thought Swalk Slugs and Snails would be perfect for an elementary school teacher.  I colored him using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers (IB2, IB3, BT8, IG1, IG6, IG8, IG10, TN5, TN7, TN8, EB1, EB2, CT1, CT3, AND TB2).


To finish my card, I added a small piece of ribbon and stamped "Thank You" on matching cardstock.  The Thank You sentiment is part of the Cute Companions Crafting Companions stamp set.  Inside my card, I added the words, "Thanks for making 4th grade such a blast!".



I hope that I have inspired you to thank a teacher in your life.  I'm sure they would appreciate a handmade card.  Have a fabulous Thursday!

Denise


4 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Super cute! Love that wood grain embossing folder. It's cool.

Kathy said...

So cute, love the wood background,and love yur coloring, great job!!

KYCrafter said...

Denise - that card is great!! What a mischievous little guy!

Cheryl said...

Oh, I love this embossing folder! Great card!!