Saturday, November 17, 2012

Time to Paws and Be Pampered


Sealed With A Little Kiss - from the second I heard that was what S.W.A.L.K. stood for, I was instantly in love with this cute line of stamps.  This release is my favorite so far!  

This funny image is purr-fect if you know me and my dog!  The name of it is  A Time To Paws I used several different Crafter's Companion tools, stamps and such so here is how I made the card.

First I colored the image with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers.  Colors used are

Red: DR1, DR3, DR7, CR10
Grey: IG1, IG2, IG5, IG8
Brown: TN1, TN2, TN6, TN8
Blue: TB4
Blender Pen


My background paper was made using the new eBosser machine and the large Damask embossing folder.  I just love the size of these folders as you can make an over sized card with no problem!  

The sandwich I used included the embossing folder, and plates A, C & D, plus one sheet of black card stock.  You can download a platform guide on the Crafter's Companion UK website - it will help you with using all kinds of dies and embossing folders in your machine.


Look at the crisp deep embossing it put into my card stock.  I love these embossing folders!


Here is a close up of the image I colored.  I can't believe I picked red and black...those are the two hardest colors for me to use!  The Spectrum Noir reds blend beautifully, though, so that makes it fun to color with them.

I just love the dramatic look of red black and white.  This lady looks so classy in her little black dress and pearls with her silver poodle!


I hope my post has inspired you to try these great new stamps, the embosser, embossing folders and Spectrum  Noir alcohol markers!  Have a great day!


Jennie Black

5 comments:

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous Jennie love the adorable image and colour combo.

Hugs Julie x

Cheryl said...

Your card is absolutely adorable! I love the embossed background!!

KYCrafter said...

Great work as usual Jennie! When I grow up I want to color just like you!!

{Chrissie} said...

Jennie, this is amazing! WOW!!!!!!!!

Kathy said...

Beautiful coloring and wonderful card,great job!